Jonathan Hankins - Yes or No

RPbillsfan

6 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Yes on both. I love Milano last year but he’s been a liability so far. I know it’s preseason but maybe he really is just a nickle linebacker 

...pretty baffling versus last year....what happened?......can't believe a 5th would become complacent in his second year....

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I'm thinking the Bills should take a look at DT Jonathan Hankins.  Solid run stuffer type that this team needs.  

Also, time to bring in Matt Moore and Navarro Bowman to shore up QB and ILB positions.

Your thoughts?

Finally! An acquisition post that makes sense and doesn't have Mack and Dez on it.?

Matt Moore or Derek Anderson for that matter would be good insurance that won't embarrass. Hankins is a decent player that would fit well in the rotation and not place to much burden on Phillips. Bowman just from a mentorship stand point would do wonders for Edmunds.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...pretty baffling versus last year....what happened?......can't believe a 5th would become complacent in his second year....

Probably giving him a lot more to digest and it's not landing.  I mean when you look at Carolina's defense Davis and Thompson actually have a lot of responsibilities.  I think last year we were pretty vanilla on defense but now they may be trying to give Miliano more and he's just not digesting it.  I'm not sure.

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

Probably giving him a lot more to digest and it's not landing.  I mean when you look at Carolina's defense Davis and Thompson actually have a lot of responsibilities.  I think last year we were pretty vanilla on defense but now they may be trying to give Miliano more and he's just not digesting it.  I'm not sure.

...interesting assessment...thanks for sharing bud...........:thumbsup:

Derek Anderson would be good also, better arm then Matt Moore, but not as good as a game manager.

I think Hankins is a better run stuffer then Adolophus Washington without as much interior pressure.  

Lastly, adding Bowman would be a huge help for Edmunds as he has years of experience and can teach recognition to a young player with great physical skills.

Thanks for your compliment.

26 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I'm thinking the Bills should take a look at DT Jonathan Hankins.  Solid run stuffer type that this team needs.  

Also, time to bring in Matt Moore and Navarro Bowman to shore up QB and ILB positions.

Your thoughts?

I like all 3 of them. Get on it Beane!

Why would Moore or Anderson consider signing with the Bills?  I don't believe either needs the $$$ so badly that he'd subject himself to playing third string behind the Bills' crappy OL ... although playing other teams' third stringers would probably be safer than playing other teams' first stringers given the quality of the Bills OL.

6 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Why would Moore or Anderson consider signing with the Bills?  I don't believe either needs the $$$ so badly that he'd subject himself to playing third string behind the Bills' crappy OL ... although playing other teams' third stringers would probably be safer than playing other teams' first stringers given the quality of the Bills OL.

I think Anderson much so because of his connection in Carolina. McBeane tends to bring in players they are familiar with from their last regime.

16 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Your thoughts?

Worth a shot, although I think we can get by with Allen and Peterman.

20 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

unless he played well above his abilities last year...

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Worth a shot, although I think we can get by with Allen and Peterman.

Behind this OL?  Ehhhhh.  Good chance we lose one of the two for at least a game.  You realize that Juan Castillo is on our team right?

22 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Your thoughts?

I’ve been saying we need to sign Navarro Bowman for 2 months. A no brainer. Edmonds will still be on the field all the time. Milano average and Lorax is 35 . I think Robinson will emerge to overtake Milano if we don’t make a big splash signing.