Garrett manhandled Dawkins

Domdab99

3 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I think Dawkins has proved he's a pretty darn good left tackle.... Garrett is just a STUD, one of the better pass rushers in the league, first overall pick. We'll be fine.

...imagine if WE had drafted Garrett and he had the "up and down smitten with injuries" year in Bflo?....he'd be on the same "BUST BUS" some of the TBD "experts" ALREADY have Edmunds on.......gotta love it.........

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

Didn't have that kind of success against Solder last week.  The thing people need to look at is Dawkins technique vs Garrett, especially on the play where AJ got hurt.  The technique was terrible.  He lowered his head and got pushed back into the QB.  He also got flat footed which led to him being in a position to catch rather than being able to hand punch, use his arms and keep Garrett at a distance.

Good take. Yes, it’s preseason and scheming is kept to a bare minimum. On both sides. These games are more of a pure matchup of athlete vs athlete , and we saw what the outcome was. It’s a definite cause for concern, technique was horrible. This OL could just be bad. 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

In stark comparison to what Daboll unveiled last week, I didn’t see ANY TE’s or RB’s chip DE’s. That there were a couple unchallenged DE rushes straight to the QB suggests blown assignments. They need to address this quickly or we’ll be scouring waiver wires for QB’s every week!

TE tried to chip Garrett on Dawkin's miff. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I think Dawkins has proved he's a pretty darn good left tackle.... Garrett is just a STUD, one of the better pass rushers in the league, first overall pick. We'll be fine.

OK, so I don't have a PFF subscription, but just doing some looking he's not "pretty darn good" according to them - unless you are only looking at rookie OTs (pretty limited population). Frame of reference to the guy he replaced? He was pretty darned good and one of the best pass blocking LT in football. Guess you don't need a pass blocking LT when you have a 30 year old running back that has nearly 2800 touches in his history (and now, legal problems to boot).

Guess I'm not as set with Dion Dawkins at LT as you are. I bring this up because I truly believe many Bills fans they have an acceptable replacement for Cordy Glenn. They could be seriously surprised.

Now, move that guy inside, you've got a lockdown Pro Bowl guy. I think he's a great player, I just think you are asking too much of him and that look of Garrett on your QB should get burned into your retina. There's a reason Daboll had his players practicing chipping on DEs, and it's not because your LT is "pretty good".

Dion Dawkins is rated the 28th best OT in the league this season and the 2nd-best rookie OT, according Pro Football Focus, with an 77.2 overall grade

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

I'm not sure if that was on him or Ducasse.  Looks like Bodine picked up a guy that Ducasse thought he should have picked up and then the other guy ran in untouched.  I'm not sure but that was a mess in the middle.  It still doesn't excuse Ducasse who for a 6'5 329 lb guy just gets slapped around like a lil "mitch"  LOL

Look at the screen to Shady - maybe the second play of the game. As McCarron is releasing, the two of them are out there facing off against two CBs that are 8 yards downfield. At the end of the play they've taken wrong routes - both of them - and Bodine has missed his block and Ducasse is 10 yards downfield looking for someone to block.

If it was another team I'd have been laughing. 

(edit: by the way, when I looked at the game tape a second time, I was surprised how often Ducasse was at the second level and not finding anyone to hit.)

Edited by Tyrod's friend

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m a bit surprised, but not necessarily worried about Dawkins.  Watching him dominate really good DE’s last season gives me some reassurance...bad game against a very, very good DE.

Now, Vlad and Bodine?  I’m worried.  

I'm hoping Bodine sticks around. I haven't seen one good Bodine's reference yet, and I know they're out there. 

3 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Anyone else worried that our starting LT looked like a turnstile last night? 

This is is the only reason why I might not want Josh Allen starting the season under center...our OL might be very bad. 

Our Oline is terrible, no other way around it, can't run block at all and poor pass blocking especially up the middle. Losing 3 all pros hurts no Matter how much spin is put on it.