Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Bills Fan

Mahomes vs Allen deep ball

Man Mahomes TD to Hill went 68.6 yards in the air further than any pass in the league last year! Wonder who has the stronger arm Allen or Mahomes?

I just wish we had a receiver like Hill that could run under them!

3 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Man Mahomes TD to Hill went 68.6 yards in the air further than any pass in the league last year! Wonder who has the stronger arm Allen or Mahomes?

Are you attempting to summon the Lord of all Trolls? Because it seems like you're trying to summon the Lord of all Trolls!

• Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

Technically it was the longest in-air TD I believe, but still impressive nonetheless. 

Our Uncle Rico threw it roughly 80 yards at the combine. YouTube it. He has the strongest arm in the league, imo.

The difference imo, is that Maholme looks like Ryan Fitzpatrick when throwing the ball 70 yards.  It takes everything he has.  Allen just looks so effortless.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Amazing how bourgeois we’ve become on arm strength now that we have Allen.  

Thats literally the first thing I thought when I saw the Mahomes throw - Nice throw but you had to put your entire body into it, peasant. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

It seems like Mahomes has a big arm on deep throws. Where as Allen has a big arm on all of his throws. Meaning he throws with greater velocity on those 10-15 yard throws than a player like Mahomes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

You don't really wonder that.

It's not close and it's obvious. Allen has been naturally endowed with the ability to throw a football harder than just about anybody.

Like has been mentioned before, it's like Fitz. He looks good early in the season, but putting everything you have into every throw takes it's toll and the second half of the season is a stinker because you are just beat down physically.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

With Allen it's a flick of the wrist, and he doesn't need to hop step into it.  But, Mahomes has quite the arm himself.

Edited by JaxBills

Didn't Kyle Boller throw it 80 yards on his knees or something like that?

39 minutes ago, westside said:

Didn't Kyle Boller throw it 80 yards on his knees or something like that?

What was he doing on his knees 😌😌

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

The difference imo, is that Maholme looks like Ryan Fitzpatrick when throwing the ball 70 yards.  It takes everything he has.  Allen just looks so effortless.

Based on the game highlights he looked like Fitz on most of his other throws too.

I thought PM's ball waa actually very inaccurate.  The wr had to track the ball and run to the right.

When it comes purely to arm strength, it's like this:

Mahomes:

renault-ft-17-3d-model-max-obj-3ds-fbx-c

Josh Allen:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Based on the game highlights he looked like Fitz on most of his other throws too.

That's the way he usually throws. It's a windup like a baseball. But he gets it out pretty quick. Darnold does that, too. Except he drops the ball way down, which could harm if not kill his career. 

At the combine mahomes threw it 60mph and Allen hit 62 on the gun.  Baker hit 60 as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

At the combine mahomes threw it 60mph and Allen hit 62 on the gun.  Baker hit 60 as well. 

It should end here, but it won't lol. 

On 8/18/2018 at 11:35 AM, Starr Almighty said:

What was he doing on his knees 😌😌

Trying to get a job on the team

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2018 at 9:24 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Mahomes:

Image result for truck nuts     

Allen:

Image result for truck nuts

Now that is funny! 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

It's weird when you look this up because every site has a different number for Mahomes.   Ourlads has him at 55 to both the left and right, Allen at 62 left and right.

Other sites have Mahomes at 59mph, and yet another at 62.  

Some of you younger guys don't remember JP Losman's arm.   IMO Mahomes is a clone of him from a physical standpoint.    And he's playing like JP played.   Which is exactly what I thought he'd become in the NFL and I"m glad we didn't draft him.