[Edited Title] Tremaine Edmunds looks Lost

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

But he did. Improved as the game went on.

Look at the nature of the plays he made well - they were situations where it unfolded nicely in front of him like the tackle of the WR in the flats or hitting that one hole nicely. That's almost never the case in the NFL especially at MLB.

I don't know if he is having problems processing information, that could certainly be the case and maybe time will make it better. And some part of him really does look like a paper tiger, not a thumper. 

I'm neither worried or concerned!  By all accounts he's done extremely well in the practice setting and he has the full confidence of the coaches and players.  Let's wait and see how he does when the season begins and we have actual game plans before we label him a bust.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Magox said:

I'm neither worried or concerned!  By all accounts he's done extremely well in the practice setting and he has the full confidence of the coaches and players.  Let's wait and see how he does when the season begins and we have actual game plans before we label him a bust.

....you're CERTAINLY asking a helluva lot 'round these parts............

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I saw a marked improvement from him as the game progressed. But, for sure, he was diagnosing plays poorly for much of his early snaps.

In my eyes - this season was always going to be about getting our new QB and our new MLB experience. Edmunds is 20 years old. There's going to be growing pains with both of them.

They ended the drought last season. Let's season our investments and take our lumps this year. Let the kid grow and relax. 

I see what you did there?

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah there was one run where I think he got completely fooled.  It was the one where the WR was in jet motion.  He followed the WR but the HB went the other way.  That was the one where Poyer had to eat that stiff arm.  The Jet motion had Edmunds standing still.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

Yeah there was one run where I think he got completely fooled.  It was the one where the WR was in jet motion.  He followed the WR but the HB went the other way.  That was the one where Poyer had to eat that stiff arm.  The Jet motion had Edmunds standing still.

That entire play was brutal and Edmunds and Poyer are going to have an interesting film session 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dalton said:

I am not sure if this is a troll post or low football IQ post

Second game for a 20 year old rookie.  What are the expectations?

Instincts are an expectation. It was a criticism of Edmunds in his draft profile. I think he’s going to be a player, and is still learning the position. As fans we can love the athleticism while still being concerned about his football instincts. He’s not exactly looking like a Ray Lewis right now. 

• Like (+1) 1