[Edited Title] Tremaine Edmunds looks Lost

I saw a marked improvement from him as the game progressed. But, for sure, he was diagnosing plays poorly for much of his early snaps.

In my eyes - this season was always going to be about getting our new QB and our new MLB experience. Edmunds is 20 years old. There's going to be growing pains with both of them.

They ended the drought last season. Let's season our investments and take our lumps this year. Let the kid grow and relax. 

• Like (+1) 4

53 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Give Lorax, the vet, play calling (2nd yr in Fraizer D), let Edmunds play, get a feel for the NFL game and the speed of the game, work on his deficiencies. That is enough for any rookie.

Not a bad idea.  Edmunds is going to have enough growing pains, the added pressure of calling the defense might be a little much for him right now.  See how things go later in the season then maybe think about giving Edmunds play calling duties.  Only downside here is you have to keep Lorax on the field for all three downs, just don't make him drop into coverage...if this is possible.

• Like (+1) 1

If he continues improving at the rate he has from game 1 to game 2 he'll be the best LB in the game by week 4. 

That's testament both to how poorly he played against the Panthers and how much better he played today.

And to how bad this thread is.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I don't see a starting NFL linebacker out there in Edmunds - not even close. It isn't as early as it used to be - it's like his vision is impaired and he's not understanding what is in front of him. On top of that, on the little I saw of him in coverage he also looked like he was getting beaten - badly. 

The plays he made - WR tackle - he had a clear view to the play. I thought that first Browns drive was us playing 11 on 10.

I went into the draft absolutely positive Roquan Smith was the #1 LB in the draft but I also thought Edmunds was not far behind him skill set wise. I know it's way too early to jump to conclusions but his play so far looks nothing like his college tape. What makes it worse is he pretty much was annoited the starting MLB when Goodell called his name draft night. His physical talent like Allen is undeniable but it really goes to show you there's more that goes into it besides natural abilities.

8 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

It turns out that hes more of a project than us fans thought, but he'll learn. It's going to be painful this year, however. 

....so we're declaring a 20 yr old kid in his second pre-season start a project?.....yup, sure sounds reasonable to me......

TE is young and when it clicks, will click fast given his ability.  

He seemed to get into a rhythm after that first drive.  Had a few nice plays in a row that showcased his speed.  

More perplexing to me is Milano.  Wasn’t he the second highest rated rookie LB last year?  What did he do all offseason?.. Sit around and play Fortnite?

12 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

And as I type this, edmunds makes an epic tackle running in from a cross the field.

The problem on that play is Edmunds had clear vision to the play. 

he's going to be in that position about 3% of the time in the NFL. If you can't see what's wrong there, you are freaking blind.