[Edited Title] Tremaine Edmunds looks Lost

1 hour ago, ko12010 said:

Does the no new threads during a game not apply to preseason? These threads are so annoying

Far less annoying than expecting anyone to read 50+ game day threads.... enough whinging about threads.  It makes people look bad

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

Time to worry. He looks incompetent.

Truth be told he was horrible on the 1st Cleveland drive.  But he picked it up after

Let's chill a bit on the OP. I don't think he was saying Edmunds stinks. His first game was bad, and the first drive was bad.

Then some kind of light switch went on. He looked terrific after.

I can't find it again, but I watched a video about Edmunds being a hit or miss draft pick. We all know the positives. The negatives were that he can be misdirected, often gets caught up in garbage at the line etc.

This is what I saw in game one and the first drive. Wrong side of the field, chases receivers in motion etc, poor at scraping along the line.

The same video showed that Edmunds very rarely made the same mistake twice, even in game. Fool him once good on you, rarely fooled twice a game or as a season goes on.

He is so young. I think the game is a bit fast for him right now. He is being asked to come in as a rookie, learn Farzier's Defense, make the calls, and then make plays. That is a lot to diagnose and perform in year one. I think Edmunds may have a few bad games early on, but as the year goes on we will see a player mature and develop.

The game seemed to slow down for him the second drive on.

The OP was right to worry. He didn't look good in game one, and looked bad in the first series. Was out of the play, got caught up in garbage etc. His known weaknesses.

But we saw his sideline to sideline ability in the rest of the first quarter. Everyone needed to see that.

Maybe they should have Lorax call the plays and just let Edmunds play in his first year. He can be a beast just reading and reacting. Let him just play football in yr one. In yr two make him call the plays.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Bring it said:

He made a few plays. Looks like the eighth grader that was brought up to varsity!

Actually a really accurate analogy. He will not be an all pro from day one. Those expecting it will be vastly disappointed. He will play, fail, and learn. And be better for it down the road. Kind of like Josh Allen. The Bills need to let both guys play, we will go 4-12 and next year we will be that much better for it and ready to do damage with both guys. 

37 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Let's chill a bit on the OP. I don't think he was saying Edmunds stinks. His first game was bad, and the first drive was bad.

Then some kind of light switch went on. He looked terrific after.

I can't find it again, but I watched a video about Edmunds being a hit or miss draft pick. We all know the positives. The negatives were that he can be misdirected, often gets caught up in garbage at the line etc.

This is what I saw in game one and the first drive. Wrong side of the field, chases receivers in motion etc, poor at scraping along the line.

The same video showed that Edmunds very rarely made the same mistake twice, even in game. Fool him once good on you, rarely fooled twice a game or as a season goes on.

He is so young. I think the game is a bit fast for him right now. He is being asked to come in as a rookie, learn Farzier's Defense, make the calls, and then make plays. That is a lot to diagnose and perform in year one. I think Edmunds may have a few bad games early on, but as the year goes on we will see a player mature and develop.

The game seemed to slow down for him the second drive on.

The OP was right to worry. He didn't look good in game one, and looked bad in the first series. Was out of the play, got caught up in garbage etc. His known weaknesses.

But we saw his sideline to sideline ability in the rest of the first quarter. Everyone needed to see that.

Maybe they should have Lorax call the plays and just let Edmunds play in his first year. He can be a beast just reading and reacting. Let him just play football in yr one. In yr two make him call the plays.

Thank you. Never said he was going to be an awful player he's just awful right now IMO. He made a couple tackles that I could make so I'm not impressed by anything he did tonight. He looks terrified.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Thank you. Never said he was going to be an awful player he's just awful right now IMO. He made a couple tackles that I could make so I'm not impressed by anything he did tonight. He looks terrified.

I disagree with you here. I thought he settled in, read and reacted well and showed some very good sideline to sideline ability from the 2nd drive on. The type of player we expected to see. I think McDermott is putting too much on him for a 20yr old first year player.

He shouldn't have to learn a new Defense, call it, and then play.

Give Lorax, the vet, play calling (2nd yr in Fraizer D), let Edmunds play, get a feel for the NFL game and the speed of the game, work on his deficiencies. That is enough for any rookie.

Next year make the goal to be calling plays. Let the game slow down to him, and then put more on him.

I thought something 'snapped' in him in the right way in the second drive and on. It gave me some hope. I don't believe you were not impressed by his sideline to sideline speed.