[Edited Title] Tremaine Edmunds looks Lost

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I've heard anecdotally it's hard for rookies to put on weight their first year in the pros. I would imagine this offseason he's looking to gain maybe 10-15lbs muscle. 

Isn’t he listed at 250# already? He might have to go to DE! They may transform his body a bit, but need to keep the speed to do what they want of him, I think. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Isn’t he listed at 250# already? He might have to go to DE! They may transform his body a bit, but need to keep the speed to do what they want of him, I think. 

I was just wondering this.  If he busts at MLB, where do they move him to OLB or DE? 

Dont forget that most of Edmund's  training camp plays were against McCarron and Peterman. The young man had not yet seen QBs like Rivers. He will learn.

A certain middle linebacker, who was picked 9th in the draft was so lost on opening day that he lost the starting position to Roosevelt Colvin and was kept on the sideline for a whole game. Only a freak injury to another player gave him playing time and, to cut a long story short, he hung his boots after 12 more years of stellar play and was recently enshrined in the HOF.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916564/article/sources-tell-us-scout-amazed-by-urlacherlike-lb-edmunds

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

2 hours ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

Don't forced fumbles count?

An arm tackle because he over ran the play isn’t the kind of impactful hit I’m talking about. 

Edit...I’m probably being a bit harsh. He did contain the RB and forced him back inside. My point is still the same though. I want to see him head up on a RB, QB, TE, whoever and make a solid tackle.

Edited by Cripple Creek

People keep suggesting that because he's young, he'll grow into this position.... I think it's just the opposite.... I think he's been out of position for a while now, and it's becoming more and more obvious that he's probably not an interior linebacker... I don't care, I'll say it... Tremaine can't shed blockers, can't diagnose, and isn't fast or physical enough to push through initial contact... I'd love it if he succeeded, but for the life of me I can't see it happening in the immediate future.

On 9/17/2018 at 4:30 PM, TheBeane said:

Just a barely 21 year old rookie... need to freakin' relax!

If by the end of the season or the end of next season he's still making rookie mistakes, then there is something to worry about.

A bit of patience is warranted.  But there are only so many years under the rookie contract where players can contribute value way above the percentage of the salary cap they cost.  I am not sure how great it is to spend those years waiting for players to age. 

4 hours ago, wppete said:

I’m worried about Edmunds vs Cousins and that Vikings offense. He’s going to get tourched. 

There's nothing to worry about in the short term. The worst case scenario is we lose a game. Defenses will take advantage of him all year and that's how he'll learn.

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There's nothing to worry about in the short term. The worst case scenario is we lose a game. Defenses will take advantage of him all year and that's how he'll learn.

yep.  He also has Bob Babich and McDermott as coaches.

Both are excellent in coaching LBs.

8 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

What if they never slow down and he just doesn't have a very high football IQ?

That was the knock on him prior to the draft.

Then you chalk it up and move on to the next guy. That’s not obvious?

19 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

What if they never slow down and he just doesn't have a very high football IQ?

That was the knock on him prior to the draft.

Then he will be on the long list of Bills whiffs. We will know our answer in a few years. 

Edited by billsfan_34

6 hours ago, wppete said:

I’m worried about Edmunds vs Cousins and that Vikings offense. He’s going to get tourched. 

Unless the defense can gain some momentum from a great 2nd half . But yeah , Edmunds got absolutely bullied by the Chargers in the first half .