[Edited Title] Tremaine Edmunds looks Lost

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We gave up 3 points in the 2nd half when we gave up 79 points in the first 6 quarters.

The Chargers were up many scores, it's natural for a team to letup a bit when way ahead.  That probably has a lot more to do with the defense looking better in the second half than anything McClappity did.

Right now he should be learning the game and coming in on blitz packages, however, the Bills are in a position where they have thrown him in there and he needs to learn on the fly.  His poor tackling is an issue.  He takes the wrong angle a lot and then when he doesn't he can't always make the tackle.  His sideline to sideline speed and pursuit capabilities are great.  He needs to get in the film room and study.  His raw talent is evident.  The Bills will find room for him somewhere, I'm not worried about the man, I'm worried about the man playing that particular position.  As far as guarding Allen in the slot, that is a defensive design flaw and the Bills have been exposed there for years.  When that mismatch occurs, it's over.  

1 minute ago, PeterDude said:

The Chargers were up many scores, it's natural for a team to letup a bit when way ahead.  That probably has a lot more to do with the defense looking better in the second half than anything McClappity did.

I don't think they let up that much especially when we got within a couple scores

Just now, wppete said:

He looks very timid out there. Not a good look for MLB. Very concerning. 

He's still learning i think.  I'd like to see more killer instinct and commitment.  If you get beat on PA, you get beat - try and recover.  He's trying to diagnose and getting caught in no mans land.  The run and the pass work in that situation.  

I always look at it like this.  In zone - if you are covering someone, you're probably doing something right.  If you're watching stuff go by, you need to get your head on straight and move your feet.  

Just now, PeterDude said:

We scored on the first drive after half time and were down 28-13 with about 12 minutes left in the 3rd.  

Do you think Lynn really let up and wanted to punt, punt and punt the entire 2nd half?

12 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

His tackling is soft which is pretty concerning for any lb much less a first found mlb. Right now he is thinking too much though. Hopefully the more time he gets, his instincts will start taking over.

I don't like what I'm hearing.  Overthinking, timid, soft tackling... Yuck!  And they traded up for him too.  Their draft trade ups have been **** so far, starting with Zay Jones.

Edited by PeterDude

Frazier was doing him no favors with the calls in the first half. There's no reason he should be checking WRs consistently. That's bad playcalling on the defense's part, wrong personnel packages. Seemed to improve a bit in the second half where it seems like McDermott started calling the plays on defense.

Tremaine has never played middle linebacker, so it'll take time for him to learn the position. Virginia Tech plays essentially a 4-2-5 scheme. Tremaine played the Backer position (not the Mike) and in Tech's scheme the Backer is more like a SAM linebacker in a pro 4-3. I know this because I've had season tickets at Tech for the past 2+ decades.

I don't disagree that he looks lost at times, but give the kid time to learn a new position. If he is still lost at the end of the season then I think he could easily be moved outside (either SAM or Will). He has the size and speed to play any one of the linebacker spots.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

It was zone.  He's there to make the tackle and minimize the gain.

I thought he had a bad game......it looked like he was out of position a lot

but to say that he sucks because he had a bad game?  COME ON....he was our best defensive player in game 1 and made several plays......the bills are throwing him in the fire this year because they want him to learn from it.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Exactly what I said in April.  I'm baffled if this regime actually watches football games.

LOL....two games into his career.

He was a consensus first round pick.  He was projected to go as high as the top 10.  So it's not just the Bills....it's like you're saying everyone involved in football didn't know except you.

The guy made plays in the opener.