Need another QB with AJ hurt, but Who?

Davejr511

15 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Denver tried. Kap refused. 

Well, it certainly looks like the guy they got when Kap turned down the deal - one Paxton Lynch - will very shortly be available.?

EDIT: And bad as Paxton has been, I'd actually take him and see if he could manage to turn things around in the kind of quick hitting offense they seem to have in mind for Allen.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, it certainly looks like the guy they got when Kap turned down the deal - one Paxton Lynch - will very shortly be available.?

...so what you're saying is my choices are "lethal injection" or "Old Sparky" right?.............

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

My vote is Riley Ferguson. 

40 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Another option is Brandon Silvers out of Troy.

6-2 1/2, 220

30 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Another - Richard Lagow, Indiana

6-5, 220

I kind of like your thought process here. Let’s sign another young guy to take some preseason snaps and maybe even be a PS guy. You’ll only have to keep 2 QBs if that’s the case. These guys are cheap options that may have a chance (even a small one). 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Haha. She's still friendly with him... She said he was real doofy/immature (at the time). I know she talked to him a bit a year or two ago, I don't know if you remember but there was a story about his mother being killed when he was playing for the Broncos, and she of course reached out to him, but she tells me (of course she does) that she likes me better ??

oh enough with the Kap is being blackballed nonsense. Broncos offered him a deal and he turned it down. About tired of hearing that bs

I am not a Kap fan and have no desire to see him on the Bills, but do you know when that offer was made and the specifics of it?

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I kind of like your thought process here. Let’s sign another young guy to take some preseason snaps and maybe even be a PS guy. You’ll only have to keep 2 QBs if that’s the case. These guys are cheap options that may have a chance (even a small one). 

I'm loving the Riley Ferguson idea....why not?

6 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

To do what though? Neither guy is likely to sign cheap to be 3rd string for a few weeks. Only reason to do that is if you're worried about Peterman.

Agree, think you sign a young guy who would welcome two preseason games of exposure, hoping down the road some team were to pick him up, basically an audition tape.  Or even back to Buffalo if one of their other starters got hurt dow nthe road. 

Assuming AJ hadn't got hurt, I think the Bills would have kept all three QB's on the 53, but like most teams on game day, one is in-active  So effectively you have two QB's to get through any given game.  If one of those two were to get hurt then the following week, the in-active 2rd string QB would be active.  Unless the Bills really think AJ should be their starting QB, you could just as easily cut him and just go with two active QB's on any given week, but would like a 3rd guy for the next two preseason games.

On Sept 1st, you cut AJ and the new guy and if either Allen or Peterman were to get hurt, hope at least one of those two you cut were available to resign.

7 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I would love to see Kap, but he's being blackballed... Teddy Bridgewater would be a great Vet that can come in to play, but I don't think the Jets give him to us for cheap... 

It's only 2-3 weeks... just let it ride out for now... get someone in for the practice squad. If not, then Matt Moore is the last option

You’ll have to remind all of us why he’s blacked-balled. Is it the kneeling, the pig socks, being pro Castro, tweeting about the Ravens when they were thinking of signing him, that he hasn’t played in 3 years, or that he wasn’t a starter when he was playing?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1