Need another QB with AJ hurt, but Who?

Davejr511

2 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

AJ will be back.  His contract is not that much.  They just need a camp body to play 3/4 of game 4.

Well, when you put it that way..OK, fine. I’ll come out of retirement for a 3 week stint.

Never let it be said Chandler wouldn’t take one for the team?

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Well, when you put it that way..OK, fine. I’ll come out of retirement for a 3 week stint.

Never let it be said Chandler wouldn’t take one for the team?

Here’s the catch, you actually have to survive the 3/4 of the game. I suspect we’ll need a long line of guys to fill in for you after they scrape up your parts and cart you off. 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Here’s the catch, you actually have to survive the 3/4 of the game. I suspect we’ll need a long line of guys to fill in for you after they scrape up your parts and cart you off. 

Oh! You conveniently omitted that part in the job description. I thought I could wear a red jersey and just chuck passes for a couple hours..

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Oh! You conveniently omitted that part in the job description. I thought I could wear a red jersey and just chuck passes for a couple hours..

Details, details.....

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

edit: Allen should be our starter, but regardless of what some think Peterman appears to be developing into an asset for this team which we can't risk at this stage going into the season, given that AJ might be out for the first couple of weeks.

I agree. Clearly the DBs need practice intercepting the ball and who is better than P5t5rman in that!

11 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Kap.  Give the man a job. 

Lots of jobs listed, have him submit a resume:

https://www.teamworkonline.com/multiple-properties/buffalosports/pegula-sports

9 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...   Anderson does have that "Carolina Connection" pedigree...think he was there for six years....and of course the yipsters are chiming in with their usual gems:..." are we THAT desperate?........great, sign a Cleveland Brown castoff....yada yada...".....maybe McCarron to IR designated for return.......may have to carry three on the active 53 because Peterman is only one with PS eligibility and would be poached.....six weeks hence, a couple of things could happen...first, the picture is clearer relative to Allen & Peterman progress.....if AJ is healthy, activate him to the 53 and release Anderson (no trade value).....hope someone comes QB shopping and maybe McBeane can swing a 4th for McCarron......we need to come out of this with the next Kelly/Reich duo IMO....

Poached Peterman.  Sound like a French dish.

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Matt Moore and Derek Anderson are the guys who have played for Daboll, so I think they make the most sense. 

That's what I was thinking and wouldn't mind either of them.  Peterson looks improved and a vet like Anderson could help both QB's.  Any timetable on AJ? If it's a fracture he could return in 4-6 weeks.

9 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

That's what I was thinking and wouldn't mind either of them.  Peterson looks improved and a vet like Anderson could help both QB's.  Any timetable on AJ? If it's a fracture he could return in 4-6 weeks.

Honestly imo this regime is going to turn the keys over to Josh Allen somewhere in weeks 6-8. Meaning either McCarron or Peterman would have started the first few games no matter what and then turned things over to Allen no matter what. They have a plan in place and I don't think they would stray from it. With that said I don't think we ever see AJ start a game here. His window has closed with this injury. JMO, and it's unfortunate, but I think it's what's going to happen. They will start Peterman by default and turn things over to Allen whenever they have plans to. 

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Let's risk him.  Good call. Sanchez is better and at least knows the franchise.

If I need a guy to throw picks to us I'm goin with Geno Smith. Maybe our DEs can punch him in the face too. Versatility is key.