Need another QB with AJ hurt, but Who?

Davejr511

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Most likely just an arm. The injury actually helped the Bills a lot. I don't think they wanted to keep 3 QB's, now they can without losing a roster spot.

I think it may have solved a problem re: the reps to go around.  McCarron probably fell back to #3 in the pecking order last night anyway, so now they can give more time with the 1s and 2s to Peterman and Allen.  

I'm not a Peterman guy, but he deserves a lot of credit.  He looks like he put on muscle in the offseason, and it struck me that he looked like he didn't belong with the 3s last night.  I'm impressed by the kid, and I think the Bills are, too. 

I also think that Allen is progressing much more quickly than they thought he would.  He definitely has complicated the QB decision.  

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Cmon let’s get serious, take Colin Kaepernick off this list. No way McBean signs that dude. He is just an awful QB period. 

Pete, I don't know.

The bills would look like heroes to some.  He does the fourth preseason game, he is able to show the rest of the league where he is at and then you cut him because everyone knows you are going to cut him in advance.

Edit: And come on, aren't you the least bit curious to see whether he kneels during the anthem?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Pete, I don't know.

The bills would look like heroes to some.  He does the fourth preseason game, he is able to show the rest of the league where he is at and then you cut him because everyone knows you are going to cut him in advance.

Edit: And come on, aren't you the least bit curious to see whether he kneels during the anthem?

The guy we are signing is going to be cut before week 1. We all understand that...Let’s just think about the narrative created when we cut Kap. Imagine if he even played slightly decent against 3rd stringers. The Bills would become the most hated team in sports by the general media. The team that cut Kapernick. Even though that is the plan regardless of who it is.  Upset half of your own fans by signing him, then infuriate the liberal media once you cut him... How about we just avoid that whole situation.

• Like (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Pete, I don't know.

I don’t think that teams are scared to have a look at what Karpernick can do. I think teams are scared that if they do give him a chance to come in and try to make a team he fails and fails badly. Teams are scared of the backlash if they cut him. Scared how that would go in the locker room and scared about the backlash the media and fans will have on any team that cuts him. Sad to say but this is what’s going on these days. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

I don’t think that teams are scared to have a look at what Karpernick can do. I think teams are scared that if they do give him a chance to come in and try to make a team he fails and fails badly. Teams are scared of the backlash if they cut him. Scared how that would go in the locker room and scared about the backlash the media and fans will have on any team that cuts him. Sad to say but this is what’s going on these days. 

Pete, great points.

i do want the bills to bring in somebody.  I don't want Allen and even Peterman in that fourth game for anything more than two series (tops) each.

edit: Allen should be our starter, but regardless of what some think Peterman appears to be developing into an asset for this team which we can't risk at this stage going into the season, given that AJ might be out for the first couple of weeks.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Just now, bobobonators said:

We will sign a simple scrub to be the sacrificial lamb week 4 of the preseason and then cut him. Go with Allen week 1 with Peterman as the back up. 

Guys talking about trading for a QB. Come on, man!

....narrows it down to about 38 choices at least..........

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....narrows it down to about 38 choices at least..........

It wont be trading for Teddy Bridgewater. 

Who honestly cares who it is. They wont be on the team when the season starts. 

Peterman has played well enough this preseason to be #2 at a minimum. And Allen will start at this rate. 

2 hours ago, The Process said:

No really? And she picked you?....just kidding....couldn't resist. That is quite a coincidence. If the bills picked Zac up and he ended up starting....would there be a slight awkwardness watching a game with her? Seeing him for 3 hours in those tight pants......

Haha. She's still friendly with him... She said he was real doofy/immature (at the time). I know she talked to him a bit a year or two ago, I don't know if you remember but there was a story about his mother being killed when he was playing for the Broncos, and she of course reached out to him, but she tells me (of course she does) that she likes me better ??

3 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I would love to see Kap, but he's being blackballed... Teddy Bridgewater would be a great Vet that can come in to play, but I don't think the Jets give him to us for cheap... 

It's only 2-3 weeks... just let it ride out for now... get someone in for the practice squad. If not, then Matt Moore is the last option

oh enough with the Kap is being blackballed nonsense. Broncos offered him a deal and he turned it down. About tired of hearing that bs

...   Anderson does have that "Carolina Connection" pedigree...think he was there for six years....and of course the yipsters are chiming in with their usual gems:..." are we THAT desperate?........great, sign a Cleveland Brown castoff....yada yada...".....maybe McCarron to IR designated for return.......may have to carry three on the active 53 because Peterman is only one with PS eligibility and would be poached.....six weeks hence, a couple of things could happen...first, the picture is clearer relative to Allen & Peterman progress.....if AJ is healthy, activate him to the 53 and release Anderson (no trade value).....hope someone comes QB shopping and maybe McBeane can swing a 4th for McCarron......we need to come out of this with the next Kelly/Reich duo IMO....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I posted in another topic. They could get Landry from the Steelers 

No need to give up anything. Just sign a guy off the street to play at least the entire second half in Chicago on 8/30. They're fine with just Peterman and Allen until Week 6.

• Like (+1) 2