Need another QB with AJ hurt, but Who?

Davejr511

37 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I would love to see Kap, but he's being blackballed... Geno Smith would be a great Vet that can come in to play, but I don't think the Jets give him to us for cheap... 

It's only 2-3 weeks... just let it ride out for now... get someone in for the practice squad. If not, then Matt Moore is the last option

I don't think the Jets can give us a player they don't have. Not sure how that would work...

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Seriously?  You realize Kap hasn't taken a snap since 2016 and Smith hasn't played for the Jets since 2016 as well right?

???  I meant Teddy Bridgewater... I dont know how I typed Geno Smith... when I think of the Jets... I guess he just popped in my head

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It

No it is not just a body.  It is a potential QB in case another one gets injured during year which is why I prefer a vet.

You can prefer a vet all you want but that vet you want will be cut within three weeks. Tell me what vet you want will sign up for that instead of waiting for something possibly better.

The three QB’s on the roster right now will be the three we will be going forward with. A hairline fracture of a collar bone won’t change that.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

We are not trading for Bridgewater! Make no sense what so ever. All we need an arm for the next 2 weeks. Anderson and Moore would be cheap pickups and have real QB experience that they could help out with Allen and Peterman development. 

54 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Funny story, Zac Dysert was my wife's last boyfriend before she met me ?

No really? And she picked you?....just kidding....couldn't resist. That is quite a coincidence. If the bills picked Zac up and he ended up starting....would there be a slight awkwardness watching a game with her? Seeing him for 3 hours in those tight pants......

• Haha (+1) 1

They will probably just sign a real cheap nobody like we always do. Rather then actually pay a guy that can help us evaluate some positions, we will bring in a QB that nobody has ever seen or heard of before. Moore or Anderson would be good enough to make the team and Moore is probably good enough to start for us. No way we pay a real guy at this stage in the game. It will be a guy that wasn’t even a top 30 college qb when he played. That guy will get all of game 4 and will help us figure out nothing about our fringe skill position players.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

1 hour ago, Davejr511 said:

AJ is going to miss some time with his injury. With 2 preseason games left and only 2 healthy QBs we will need to bring in someone. List of FA QBs available:

Derek Anderson

Kellen Clemens 

Matt Moore

Mark Sanchez 

Scott Tolzien 

TJ Yates

Josh Johnson

Zac Dysert

Jerod Evans

Colin Kaepernick

My top choice is Derek Anderson. I'm not looking for someone to compete, I just want someone to come in with real NFL QBing experience to mentor Josh Allen and Nate Peterman. 

Jay Cutler?

Stormy Daniels?

My thought is that they will be best served by bringing in a youngster with practice squad eligibility.  It's not that they need a project QB, but during the season they need to have a third QB in the system who knows the offensive scheme and can be elevated on short notice in case one or both of your roster QBs go down.  Your PS QB is insurance - period.