Not sure what they see in Ducasse

There's a reason why Ducasse rode the pine in his previous NFL stops except when the starters ahead of him were injured.  He's NEVER been very good, no matter what the statboys at PFF and their questionable methodology for rating OLers and OL performance claim.  That he's now playing next to Bodine, who is easily a downgrade from Wood at C, exposes more of his weaknesses. 

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

His screw up took out the starting QB, likely for 8 weeks.

I gut not be such a bad thing after all?

in dawkins’ defense, Myles Garrett is a Monster.  He’s going to do that to people regardless of how good the LT is.

The real question is when/if the coaching staff is going to see the obvious as well. I’ve kept an eye on Teller during both games and he clearly knows what he’s doing out there. They can mess around for the next two weeks but come time for the Opener I’m trusting the Process will put the best five out there.

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

His screw up took out the starting QB, likely for 8 weeks.

Give me a break. That was nothing more than  a routine Sack. Dawkins didn’t whiff on Garrett. McCarron didn’t get pancaked. Nothing to see there. 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The real question is when/if the coaching staff is going to see the obvious as well. I’ve kept an eye on Teller during both games and he clearly knows what he’s doing out there. They can mess around for the next two weeks but come time for the Opener I’m trusting the Process will put the best five out there.

Give me a break. That was nothing more than  a routine Sack. Dawkins didn’t whiff on Garrett. McCarron didn’t get pancaked. Nothing to see there. 

Correct, he didn’t wiff. He got bulldozed.

Edited by Sky Diver

22 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Dawkins’ got bulldozed resulting in McCarron’s injury.

I'm sure Bills fans noticed that the announcers weren't talking about how brilliant Dabol was in having the RB/TE chip on DE. Note again that 88 completely whiffs on Myles Garrett.

Doesn't mean that Dawkins didn't get owned. Bad play across the line.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I'm sure Bills fans noticed that the announcers weren't talking about how brilliant Dabol was in having the RB/TE chip on DE. Note again that 88 completely whiffs on Myles Garrett.

Doesn't mean that Dawkins didn't get owned. Bad play across the line.

Good point. Poorly played by Lee and Dawkins. Lee clearly put Dawkins in a bad spot.

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

One play that took out the starting QB.

LOL, starter in a preseason game. Holds the ball too long, panics badly in the face of pressure. Allen, with basically the same cast, did pretty well last night. AJ is 3rd string in Buffalo.

Agree, Dawkins let Garrett have a run by setting up WAY too deep. Very correctable, and wasn't a whiff, just bad technique. Ducasse has a habit of using bad technique. There was another play where Ducasse and Bodine double teamed Ogunjobi, and then they both let him go, leading to a sack. There's a lot of correction that needs to happen from this game film.

Edited by buffaloaggie

1 minute ago, buffaloaggie said:

LOL, starter in a preseason game. Holds the ball too long, panics badly in the face of pressure. Allen, with basically the same cast, did pretty well last night. AJ is 3rd string in Buffalo.

Agree, Dawkins let Garrett have a run by setting up WAY too deep. Very correctable, and wasn't a whiff, just bad technique. Ducasse has a habit of using bad technique.

The long standing thought on Bama QB's is they suck.

Allen and Peterman are light years ahead in this offence.

It’s interesting how quickly opinions swing in the preseason. Last week they were ok, this week it’s a train wreck. They will be much like last year, better at run blocking than pass blocking. 

That said, I think Teller will take over at some point during season. 

4 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Exactly. The o-line suffers from severe neglect. They knew this after the season ended. 

Would anyone want to put a rokkie Q-back behind that O-line? Even Clay forgot how too block and he's a TE. 

I have been saying this all off-season ... and have been crucified for being "negative" and "hating the Bills" by the McDermott/Beane cheerleaders.  Ducasse is not a starting caliber NFL caliber OG.  He never has been in all his 8 or 9 year NFL career.  Bodine is easily one of the worst starting Cs in the NFL ... and Groy wasn't good enough to challenge Wood.  As Miller showed last season, a decent rookie season does not necessarily translate into even as good a sophomore season, but the Bills have banked everything on Dawkins continuing to improve by trading away Cordy Glenn.  Hopefully he continues to progress, but last night wasn't positive. There's STILL a black hole at the LG position where a pack of never-weres and never-will-bes are competing to fill the hole left by the departure of Pro Bowler Richie Incognito.

Putting Allen out there behind the Bills current OL practically insures he's going to fail.  It's not enough to draft a first round QB.  A team needs to provide him with protection (and targets, too) to give him a real chance at success ... and the Bills don't appear to have done that at all.