The local & national "just start him already" narrative is officially here

Personally I thought Allen clearly outplayed Mayfield last night. But Clevelands penalties killed themselves mostly or we might of seen more from Mayfield. 

As for media dont care. Dont watch the news... The truth wil make itself known in good time

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Since they started hiring excellent writers like Tyler Dunne.

Problem being, they haven’t fired many of the hacks that made BR a joke in the first place.  For every TylerDunne, there are 3 sullys.  An improvement over the years, yes,  still many questionable articles.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Problem being, they haven’t fired many of the hacks that made BR a joke in the first place.  For every TylerDunne, there are 3 sullys.  An improvement over the years, yes,  still many questionable articles.

There's no requirement to read every piece that comes out under the BR name or any other digital/traditional source for that matter.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There's no requirement to read every piece that comes out under the BR name or any other digital/traditional source for that matter.  

No....but BR is still kinda meh imo.  I read more bad articles from BR than I do good ones.  

It was one guy's opinion, and BR for that matter. They're not exactly known for their in depth, accurate reporting or depictions.

I rarely watch ESPN anymore, but I was interested to hear what was being said there. They're signing a much different tune, and one guy (Darren Woodson?) even said that with more reps, Allen is going to be a superstar. Of course, that is also just one guy's opinion, but it paints a much different picture.

7 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

The media is going to force feed fans information that is twisted and altered in order to create the narrative they want. I highly suggest fans start educating themselves on their topic of interest by going to numerous sources, rather than just click a headline, listen to ESPN or click on a boxscore and assume it is a fact. I just want an unbiased opinion on how these guys are doing, I am so tired of media personalities and their inflated egos. They're not talent evaluators, their job is to report facts. Give me the facts and have constructive conversations around sports, athletes and their performance .

And hopefully find an article written by someone who does agree with your opinion, so then can say, see this guy does get it.

It amazes me how say anything bad about the Bills, he's terrible, knows nothing, but then when someone writes something bad about someone on another team and he's a hero.

They're not talent evaluators....    Says a guy who's posts on internet message boards LOL  Remember, you and everyone here are fans, short for fanatic! That's the key word, we're all fanatics, nothing more, nothing less.

IF Allen starts winning games, as we all hope will happen, I think the media is going to love this guy. QBs who can make great plays are celebrated in the NFL. Allen has the ability to make plays that few others can. His background story just adds to the drama. If this happens, there will be plenty of people jumping on the bandwagon. 

21 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

It was one guy's opinion, and BR for that matter. They're not exactly known for their in depth, accurate reporting or depictions.

I rarely watch ESPN anymore, but I was interested to hear what was being said there. They're signing a much different tune, and one guy (Darren Woodson?) even said that with more reps, Allen is going to be a superstar. Of course, that is also just one guy's opinion, but it paints a much different picture.

Yep, ESPN was pretty gushy about Allen at 6am this morning.

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

And hopefully find an article written by someone who does agree with your opinion, so then can say, see this guy does get it.

It amazes me how say anything bad about the Bills, he's terrible, knows nothing, but then when someone writes something bad about someone on another team and he's a hero.

They're not talent evaluators....    Says a guy who's posts on internet message boards LOL  Remember, you and everyone here are fans, short for fanatic! That's the key word, we're all fanatics, nothing more, nothing less.

I think you're missing the point. All I was doing was comparing how Mayfield's performance last night was painted in a positive light, while a similar performance for Allen last week was shown in a negative light.

Don't lump me in here with "everyone else". I don't need anyone to agree with me, I was trying to raise discussion about the portrayal of the players and how fans and media alike react to that.

P.S. I do work in talent evaluation LOL.

2 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

What you're describing is the football version of "fake news".  If you ever flip from Fox News to CNN to see how a single bit of news is discussed, you see this same thing. 

Quit that, making sense is against the rules. Lol.

...who really give a rat's azz about the urinalists?......these clowns have bandwagons with elevators so they can get on and off and on and off QUICKLY......wonder how many of the "start Allen NOW" contingent published "WTF's" when the "pick was in"??.........hmmmm............

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, the skycap said:

I'm aboard and I'm hollering choo, choo!!

Lmao, wasn’t talking about true Bills fans. Just the media, mainly ESPN and others who been trashing this team the entire offseason. I’m aboard, sitting comfortably in first class eating popcorn with T.O.’s image on the container lol. 

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This is why sports are so much simpler than politics.  You can let your playing on the field destroy any narrative put out there.  I'll definitely have to eat crow if Allen turns into a franchise QB, but all those expert anti Allen prognosticators have to also.

You dont have to eat crow, bro. Just sit back and enjoy the show :beer:

Just now, vincec said:

If you watched Allen play in these two games and know anything about football, you can see he obviously has all the tools you need to be a great QB. He just needs to be coached up and developed properly.

This.

And what makes it so exciting is that for the first time in forever, I feel we have a coaching staff that is up to the challenge.