Star Lotulelei: Where is the Impact?

12 hours ago, Yeezus said:

or he is most likely going to be a flop

he is a classic lazy DT with no skill.

The Bills traded Dareus because he was allegedly lazy and didn't use his skill.   Is being lazy and having no skill somehow better just because it's somewhat cheaper?

12 hours ago, Logic said:

Lotulelei? Really?

How about Tremaine Edmunds just running into the defensive linemens' back every play?!

Well lets see - one is a seasoned pro and the other has played about 2 quarters of NFL preseason football.

Edmunds also improved as the game went on yesterday with a couple of nice tackles and one stuffed in the backfield/LOS

10 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

Look, we have to give Edmunds time. He's just 20 years old. He's going to be a stud. You can see how fast he is but he need to get stronger. I can remember how awful Talley was as a rookie. They are throwing a lot at the kid. Stand back and see the kid become an all pro in a couple of years.

Darryl Talley wasn't a first round pick that the Bills traded up to get.  Developmental players come cheaper than a two draft picks, one a first rounder.  If you spend that kind of resource on a player, you should get more than a kid who needs more time to learn the game.  It's not unlike Buddy Nix's penchant for gambling high picks on players coming off injuries -- mostly a waste of resources.

2 hours ago, the skycap said:

I concur. Edmunds just need to be more instinctive than reactive.

Read the draft analysis on Edmunds.  The knock on Edmunds was that he does not play instinctively.

Star has already been paid, he is just trying to stay healthy throughout the pre season then go full throttle week 1. I take no stock in pre season games, they are so meaningless to me.

Anyone who wants to see Edmunds going full bore in a pre season game is nuts. The coaches know what they have in Edmunds and I'm sure he is not going 110% in a pre season game. He's going to be our starting MLB, when the season starts then you can call him out on his play.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Somebody once said his impact is made taking on the entire o-line so everyone else can make a play. A truly unselfish individual who fully buys into the process. 

This ^ 

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Murphy is the bigger concern...bet McCarron is back before him................

Murphy is the reason I told Sal C. "Mcbeane would crazy to trade Shaq Lawson" 

& I was right... Trent Murphy is proof why we need as much talent as possible 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/18/2018 at 1:54 AM, John from Riverside said:

Darn if we are not getting our money's worth in pre season

DAMN THEM

You were probably one of those people that started crying when Sammy missed less games in his whole career than Glass Legs Murphy missed last year. 

On 8/18/2018 at 7:26 AM, Pbomb said:

I always like judging free agent pickups on their preseason play too

How many seasons do we sit idly assuming that everyone that is unhealthy or ineffective magically gets better when the games start? 

I'll be here week 1 for more of the same. Star is, was, and will always be average. He got gradually worse with Carolina. I have no idea where in the world the "Star made Luke" narrative came from. 

Edited by Elite Poster

On 8/17/2018 at 11:45 PM, Logic said:

Lotulelei? Really?

How about Tremaine Edmunds just running into the defensive linemens' back every play?!

Untrue. He did that a cpl times early on. He also bit on misdirection a few times. He improved as his night progressed. Demonstrated great speed in getting to ball carriers. Made a number of tackles for short gain, and a nice tackle for loss. If you're going to analyze a player's performance, you should watch the game closely first. Edmunds is a good one.

5 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

You were probably one of those people that started crying when Sammy missed less games in his whole career than Glass Legs Murphy missed last year. 

How many seasons do we sit idly assuming that everyone that is unhealthy or ineffective magically gets better when the games start? 

I'll be here week 1 for more of the same. Star is, was, and will always be average. He got gradually worse with Carolina. I have no idea where in the world the "Star made Luke" narrative came from. 

?

I really have no idea what you are talking about.....and as  a elite poster you should explain it better so that we common poster's can keep up.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/18/2018 at 9:32 AM, SoTier said:

Darryl Talley wasn't a first round pick that the Bills traded up to get.  Developmental players come cheaper than a two draft picks, one a first rounder.  If you spend that kind of resource on a player, you should get more than a kid who needs more time to learn the game.  It's not unlike Buddy Nix's penchant for gambling high picks on players coming off injuries -- mostly a waste of resources.

Read the draft analysis on Edmunds.  The knock on Edmunds was that he does not play instinctively.

So in other words when Edmunds is playing like a stud and when your proven wrong like you usually are you will just move onto your next dead horse to B word about?

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So in other words when Edmunds is playing like a stud and when your proven wrong like you usually are you will just move onto your next dead horse to B word about?

Berade.

I believe the word you are looking for was berade.

Dont worry, we all can’t remember all the right words all the time sometimes.

• Haha (+1) 1