Star Lotulelei: Where is the Impact?

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Lotulelei? Really?

How about Tremaine Edmunds just running into the defensive linemens' back every play?!

Look, we have to give Edmunds time. He's just 20 years old. He's going to be a stud. You can see how fast he is but he need to get stronger. I can remember how awful Talley was as a rookie. They are throwing a lot at the kid. Stand back and see the kid become an all pro in a couple of years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Well...

The Bills started the game with four straight 3-and-outs on offense, were getting gashed by Cleveland on defense, and were down by 7 on the scoreboard.

After that, they scored on three straight drives, mostly shut down the Cleveland offense, and wound up winning the game.

So which of those segments represent the "real 2018 Bills"? Just curious.

The Bills success or lack of matched up rather well with whether the Browns first or second teams were on the field.   Just maybe, that has something to do with it.

We are sure to find out in Game 1.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Star and Trent Murphy were the tw big free agent defensive ‘splashed’. I know it’s only preseason but so far it’s been a belly flop.

Edmonds and Milano mental mistakes are the problem so far IMO. 2 young LBs. But Edmunds picked it up. He needs experience.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I saw that too, however Edmunds made a couple of good tackles tonight. He definitely played better. I'm not worried about him.

I want to be, Mark. But on the opening TD drive vs starters, he was completely lost, running the wrong way of the play, stumbling & fumbling from moving forward 1st at the snap, rather than read, and miss tackles. He improved a bit as the half went on and Cleveland played 0-16 worthy scrubs. He FINALLY recorded a tackle.

I’m concerned he hasn’t earned his ‘Starter Since Draft Night’ position on the team.

Looking at Star, to me he's doing his job.  He's taking on two blockers and holding the point.  The problem is the linebackers are not filling lanes.  They are LOST.  Notice most of the big runs are where Edmunds or Milano should be and not where LORAX should be.  I'm thinking they are going to have to have Edmunds and Milano on the move to shore up the run issues or misdirection and cutbacks are going to kill this team.

• Like (+1) 1