Jarvis Landry... again

It has probably already been mentioned, but that was on Taron Johnson, not Poyer.

When it happened I wanted a flag. I wasn't aware that it was the scumbag Landry. I'd like to see it in slow motion, but it seemed to me like he hit Johnson in the head and neck area, which should be a flag no matter what part of his body he led with.

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Maybe they can talk about how angry they were about it all week like they did with Gronk. Then, they can do nothing about it when they play him again. 

Pretty much, we are soft. No fire when it comes to things like this and what happened with White. And honestly I don't mind the play by Landry, he plays old school all out every play. Id love to have him here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Pretty much, we are soft. No fire when it comes to things like this and what happened with White. And honestly I don't mind the play by Landry, he plays old school all out every play. Id love to have him here.

Yup, we would love Landry.  But man, it’s preseason.  Why doesn’t “tough guy” Jerry Hughes (who was on the team when Landry ended Aaron’s career), do or say anything to him?  

Just now, Boyst62 said:

I remember when that was just called playing football and you kept your head in a swivel.

Agreed.  I learned that playing defense.  I also learned to make, and love, those blocks as a receiver. Kill shots.

47 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup, we would love Landry.  But man, it’s preseason.  Why doesn’t “tough guy” Jerry Hughes (who was on the team when Landry ended Aaron’s career), do or say anything to him?  

Agreed.  I learned that playing defense.  I also learned to make, and love, those blocks as a receiver. Kill shots.

Did y'all ever watch film and coaches offer something to the best hit by an offensive player?   We did.  It was a 4x4x8. It was the big stick.  I used to love it.  As a 6'2 220 lbs lineman who ran a sub 4.6 I lit the little DB's up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I could be wrong but some players pool money together to pay for fines.  I’d gladly chip in for a teammate who stood up for me.

but the bigger point is these guys don’t bleed for their teams anymore. I get it since teams can cut you at any minute.  But man, it would be hard for me to watch a guy just cheap shot my brother and not do anything about it.

There is no loyalty in sports.  Not from the owners and not from the players.  This is probably more true in the NFL than any of the other major sports.  I think these guys like their paychecks more than they like each other.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I remember when that was just called playing football and you kept your head in a swivel.

Whenni was a kid I dreamed of playing two positions: Safety and RB. I so wanted to be a punishing safety laying out crossing WRs, RBs and QBs (via blitz).  A close second was to be a punishing running back running over such safeties, LBs, etc. Never a QB, CB or WR. Now where’s the fun in being either kind of player?  Safeties can’t play that way and RBs who do don’t last. Sigh. 

• Like (+1) 1

The problem I have is the Bills WATCH this happen and do nothing but whine about it until after the game. AW, Gronk hit and now a repeat offender doing again. They had plenty of opportunities to let Landry know what they thought about it on the field. Not one player confronted him , got in his face, etc. For cripe sakes stand up for your teammates! You’ll rip off a helmet or punch a guy in practice but when this type of BS happens you don’t do squat! If you won’t do it in a preseason game, I doubt you will in a regular season game!

28 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

The problem I have is the Bills WATCH this happen and do nothing but whine about it until after the game. AW, Gronk hit and now a repeat offender doing again. They had plenty of opportunities to let Landry know what they thought about it on the field. Not one player confronted him , got in his face, etc. For cripe sakes stand up for your teammates! You’ll rip off a helmet or punch a guy in practice but when this type of BS happens you don’t do squat! If you won’t do it in a preseason game, I doubt you will in a regular season game!

Yup, it’s common for Hughes to get a stupid 15 yard penalty for minor trash talking to a ref but god forbid they stick up for a team mate. Teams are reflections of their leadership. 

Cle23 is clearly blinded by his bias that he doesn't see Landry launch at Johnson and hit helmet to helmet. The video from Greg Vorse TV's twitter seems to show it best and you can even hear the crack of the helmets as they hit.

Edited by Herc11

3 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Cle is clearly blinded by his bias that he doesn't see Landry launch at Johnson and hit helmet to helmet.

You are clearly biased in your hatred of Landry. Did the NFL fine him? Most people besides Bills fan saw it as a clean block. Was it a nasty hit? Sure, but by the rules it was fine. Hines Ward was known for this and everyone loved him. He was "hard nosed" not "dirty." 

Just now, cle23 said:

You are clearly biased in your hatred of Landry. Did the NFL fine him? Most people besides Bills fan saw it as a clean block. Was it a nasty hit? Sure, but by the rules it was fine. Hines Ward was known for this and everyone loved him. He was "hard nosed" not "dirty." 

Fines are not released on Mondays, it's later in the week. So, we do not know if it will be fined yet. However, I do know that I saw and heard a helmet to helmet hit. If you deny that, you are blind, period.

Just now, Herc11 said:

Fines are not released on Mondays, it's later in the week. So, we do not know if it will be fined yet. However, I do know that I saw and heard a helmet to helmet hit. If you deny that, you are blind, period.

Oh and whats your source for most people? The Cleveland sideline reporter and Cleveland fans? hmmm.... excellent sources for your argument.

My source? A plain as day video.

10 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Exactly. Thank you. The legal crack block as demonstrated by Landry might be the last vestige of real contact in this women's league.

I really don't have an issue with the hit.  I can't stand Landry, but that's a play that even 5 years ago would have been celebrated for "de-cleating" the defensive player.  It's a taller WR coming down on a shorter DB.  He lowers his shoulder, and still makes contact with the shoulder/head area - unfortunate, but not easily avoidable.  The league can fine him if they have an issue, but you see hits like that every week in high school football.

Is this guy on any of the officials radar ? There has got to be some kind of file on him or something at least other players talking to the officials before the games to keep a eye out for what he could do & what he has been known to do ! 

If nothing else if the NFL is going to make a video to use as a learning tool of what not to do this guy you know would be in at least one of the high lights !! 

Come on Goody pay attention !! 

.......taking longer than expected..........

Newsweek

Jarvis Landry: 'I Was Traded to the Browns to Die'

Dan Cancian
4 hrs ago

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Jarvis Landry has accused Miami Dolphins head coach Adam Gase of trading him to Cleveland in the offseason in the hope of killing off his career.
  • Haha (+1) 1