Jarvis Landry... again

Bills rookie CB Taron Johnson said Sunday that Browns WR Jarvis Landry apologized to him after a block during Friday's game that injured Johnson. "I feel like I should have triggered faster," Johnson said. "I just got to be more aggressive on that play, that's the main thing. It's still football, at the end of the day. Stuff like that happens sometimes. I have no animosity toward him at all."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Frodak_mike.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

27 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bills rookie CB Taron Johnson said Sunday that Browns WR Jarvis Landry apologized to him after a block during Friday's game that injured Johnson. "I feel like I should have triggered faster," Johnson said. "I just got to be more aggressive on that play, that's the main thing. It's still football, at the end of the day. Stuff like that happens sometimes. I have no animosity toward him at all."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Frodak_mike.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

of course of a rook is going to say that with regard to a seasoned veteran making a play against him. He doesn't want to expose himself as a soft target. It's quotes like this that hookah bar Lower for the entire league

Edited by Boyst62

On 8/18/2018 at 2:21 AM, GETTOTHE50 said:

and having Tuhhhrod as his qb ?

TaROD. It's like high school Shakespeare, flip to iambic pentameter. 

A standard line of iambic pentameter is five iambic feet in a row:

da DUM da DUM da DUM da DUM da DUM

So T-Rod basically would be the start of a Shakespeare poem.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:11 PM, cle23 said:

I'm not saying it's right, but the hit Landry put on Williams is done probably a dozen times a year, or at least it used to be. Whether it results in a career injury doesn't make the other hits less dirty. 

2 players launching at a QB who was clearly down is just as dirty.

That was a bs late hit call. If that was any other player the flag never would have been thrown. Also, Mayfield isn’t defenseless at that point. He didn’t slide. It was a bad call.

On 8/18/2018 at 12:11 AM, cle23 said:

I'm not saying it's right, but the hit Landry put on Williams is done probably a dozen times a year, or at least it used to be. Whether it results in a career injury doesn't make the other hits less dirty. 

2 players launching at a QB who was clearly down is just as dirty.

The reason this is being talked about this way is because you're on a Bills board. I'm not even sure why you're on here

16 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

That's a good start but it is not nearly enough! 

I want blood!

Also take into account he went from beautiful Miami to Cleveland. I went to Cleveland for the first time in June and it is actually a nice downtown. It is not however Miami. As a professional athlete I would think Miami would be a ton more fun. 

1 hour ago, Watkins90 said:

That was a bs late hit call. If that was any other player the flag never would have been thrown. Also, Mayfield isn’t defenseless at that point. He didn’t slide. It was a bad call.

Mayfield was down with 2 other Bills on top of him when the other 2 launched into him. It was late, and it was dirty. 

Landry's hit on Williams was dirty because he launched into his head. He blocked into the chest this time, so it's legal. 

4 hours ago, Cheesus said:

Thanks for posting this! I had been wanting to see the hit again. 

Just FYI you can embed it by clicking on the “post as plain text” icon that pops up at the bottom of the screen after you paste the link. 

And here is the current rules on crackback blocks for those curious -

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-rules-changes-and-points-of-emphasis/

• Prohibit crackback blocks by an offensive player in a backfield position and in motion, even if he is not more than two yards outside the tackle when the ball is snapped. A player in motion can legally block a defender if he blocks upfield and not back toward the position where the ball was snapped.

4 hours ago, cle23 said:

Mayfield was down with 2 other Bills on top of him when the other 2 launched into him. It was late, and it was dirty. 

Landry's hit on Williams was dirty because he launched into his head. He blocked into the chest this time, so it's legal. 

Watch the hit, he leads with his head into the block. It's not a clean block, to be honest its about as bad as Harrison on Mohammed Massaquoi for you guys.