Please name Josh Allen the starter

Allen just called more audibles in a quarter of football than Tyrod Taylor in three years as a Buffalo Bill. They guy seems to be in command of the offense. I'm afraid that Vlad Ducasse and weak ass Bodine will get the starter killed once the games are for real. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

It seems obvious that Allen has to start. 

The thing about Allen that stands when you watch him is that he gets completions other QBs don't because of his quick delivery and ball velocity.  If the guy is open, the ball gets there before the defender can react.   It was obvious tonight how valuable that is.   

The scramble and TD throw was beautiful.  

He still looks like a rookie sometimes, but the his special talents outweigh his shortcomings.  

Oh, and what was all that talk about accuracy?   A little too much zip on that swing pass to the back, but by and large those were accurate throws.  

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

McDermott needs to stop wasting time on these two clown QBs, I don't know whats this guys deal, just stop with the stubborn "competition" and get Josh Allen ready for the season.

I think he did it exactly right. Allen has earned the starter position fair and square. McDermott said early on in training camp that if one of the QBs was clearly better it would be unfair to the other players to start someone else. Allen has gone out and proven he is the best QB. Everyone on the team can see that. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get the start next week.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

Allen did it again tonight, another td drive capped by a big play. The dart against the panthers and using his feet to buy time keeping his head up and finding Streater! Impressive!

I’m really surprised by his scrambling ability. Wasn’t sure it would transfer to the nfl.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

It’s going to be tough to not consider starting Allen.  Two very poor performances by McCarron and Peterman 

Maybe I'm alone here, but I didn't think AJ was anywhere near as bad tonight as people are saying. The line was pretty bad when he was in. Run game barely got going. Play calls seemed extremely vanilla and predictable. And the Browns were blitzing pretty heavy early on. AJ had no shot tonight IMO (KB did let one slip through his hands).

That said, I agree that Allen looks good (aside from two rookie mistakes in two games), seems to be making progress, and should get the nod next Sunday to try and secure the starting job. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Maybe I'm alone here, but I didn't think AJ was anywhere near as bad tonight as people are saying. The line was pretty bad when he was in. Run game barely got going. Play calls seemed extremely vanilla and predictable. And the Browns were blitzing pretty heavy early on. AJ had no shot tonight IMO (KB did let one slip through his hands).

That said, I agree that Allen looks good (aside from two rookie mistakes in two games), seems to be making progress, and should get the nod next Sunday to try and secure the starting job. 

AJ didn't look bad, but Allen looked good.   

Now with the injury, it looks like the competition is over.   

ROughing the passer on Peterman's knee.   Keep that guy upright.  

• Like (+1) 1

The thing on Allen — and I hate to say this — TRUST THE PROCESS. 

I dont care about the W-L record this season. 

I dont. 

This season is allllll about Allen. And I don’t care if he plays. 

If the line cant hold — don’t play him. 

Take it slow. Get it right. 

If hes ready — giddyup! 

But please, God, let him be the guy. 

I do see a bit of Kelly’s grip-it-and-rip-it in him. 

Edited by The_Dude
  • Like (+1) 5

54 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Allen just called more audibles in a quarter of football than Tyrod Taylor in three years as a Buffalo Bill. They guy seems to be in command of the offense. I'm afraid that Vlad Ducasse and weak ass Bodine will get the starter killed once the games are for real. 

We see things the exact same way. If the OL doesn't step up, after AJ, whoever is the next #1 might start Sunday in an hospital bed.

I loved Allen's hard count try, his side step for the TD. Poise, basically. And I do like he got sacked hard without getting injured cause it was on him to see that free player so he will be more aware from now on.

• Like (+1) 1