Please name Josh Allen the starter

There remains no comparison in the level of QB talent. Allen is superior to Peterman in every facet of the game.  People who support starting Peterson and the people who support starting Allen all agree on one thing : the Oline sucks. 

But it is very weird to start a lesser talented QB, because your oline sucks.   Starting Peterman just delays Allen's development. 

7 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

There remains no comparison in the level of QB talent. Allen is superior to Peterman in every facet of the game.  People who support starting Peterson and the people who support starting Allen all agree on one thing : the Oline sucks. 

But it is very weird to start a lesser talented QB, because your oline sucks.   Starting Peterman just delays Allen's development. 

Allen is more talented that pretty much every QB in the NFL. He's bigger, stronger, more mobile and has a bigger arm that essentially every QB in the league.

Reality is there's a lot more that goes into playing QB successfully in the NFL than just talent. You need to read a defense, throw on time, know to take what a defense gives you and find ways to keep the chains moving by avoiding mistakes. 

Allen still has a ton to learn before he's ready to contribute at this level. Talent alone isn't enough in the NFL when talking about QBs. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Allen is more talented that pretty much every QB in the NFL. He's bigger, stronger, more mobile and has a bigger arm that essentially every QB in the league.

Reality is there's a lot more that goes into playing QB successfully in the NFL than just talent. You need to read a defense, throw on time, know to take what a defense gives you and find ways to keep the chains moving by avoiding mistakes. 

Allen still has a ton to learn before he's ready to contribute at this level. Talent alone isn't enough in the NFL when talking about QBs. 

Allen is better than Peterman on all of the bolded parts in your post as well.  Peterman, if he is the starter, will be considered the worst starting QB in the NFL by every objective observer.  There is no purpose to starting him whatsoever. 

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

Allen is better than Peterman on all of the bolded parts in your post as well.  Peterman, if he is the starter, will be considered the worst starting QB in the NFL by every objective observer.  There is no purpose to starting him whatsoever. 

That's just not true.

It doesn't matter which QB the Bills start - they'll be considered the worst starter in the league. 

Allen showed today he's not ready to start against he Ravens in 14 days. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Allen showed today he's not ready to start against he Ravens in 14 days. 

Allen showed today that Daboll is going to have to have him throwing a bunch of 5-7 yard routes and bubbles week 1....and he can go ahead and keep the out routes too since is not Nate.

Edited by GoodHands15

2 minutes ago, GoodHands15 said:

Allen showed today that Daboll is going to have to have him throwing a bunch of 5-7 yard routes and bubbles week 1....and he can go ahead and keep the out routes too since is not Nate.

Allen showed today he doesn't get the ball out quickly.

I don't understand why everyone is trying so hard to forget that he was a major project coming out of Wyoming. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

I don't understand why everyone is trying so hard to forget that he was a major project coming out of Wyoming. 

But who is he throwing to? Was there a checkdown option? A running back in the flat? We need to see the tape to see if he really was hesitating or if there legitimately was no one to throw to. 

2 hours ago, MarkAF43 said:

Yeah it was 100% on him. No dropped passes, no offensive lineman acting like turnstiles. All on the kid right? 

Yeah because that's exactly what I said. Way to try to put words in my mouth. Would you like to write my reply for me? 

No because this line sucks. No because he needs time. No because we need better receivers. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

This is wrong.  What was shown is that the line didn't play well enough to let the plays called by the OC to develop properly.   We also learned that Allen doesn't commit turnovers in those situations. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Nate was a pretty big project coming out of Los Angles.

Im not saying that Nate hasn’t earned the right to start by every statisticians calculations.

But we all watched the kid make a fair amount of quick timely throws running the same 2nd offense late week. Which, really does seem to be designed for the 1-3 step grip and rip. He did that very very well last week if I do recall.

I still believe, especially since they’re with the guy on a day to day basis, the entire Bills lockeroom, knows that Josh possesses too much talent and is “ready enough” to even sacrifice a single game to NP’s quick noodle.

IMO of course

Edited by GoodHands15

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

But who is he throwing to? Was there a checkdown option? A running back in the flat? We need to see the tape to see if he really was hesitating or if there legitimately was no one to throw to. 

This is the NFL. The defenders are bigger, stronger and faster than anything he faced in college. There's more pressure up front and the throwing windows are much smaller than the ones he saw at Wyoming. The game tape is going to be awful and it's going to be the same supporting cast all season. 

All today showed was that he's not ready for the Ravens in 2 weeks. Put this guy on the bench for as long as possible. He's talented, but it doesn't amount for enough yet. 

22 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Then why didn't Josh go 9/10 for a TD?  If he's better then Peterman it should have shown in preseason. Josh has a better arm. Not the better preseason. Josh isn't better than Nate Peterman in preseason change my mind. 

I kept my mouth shut while everyone over hyped themselves.

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

This is wrong.  What was shown is that the line didn't play well enough to let the plays called by the OC to develop properly.   We also learned that Allen doesn't commit turnovers in those situations. 

The underthrown ball to Clay should have been a pick. So this isn't exactly right. I thought Allen and Peterman both threw 1 interceptable ball. But Peterman had a lot more good throws. One thing I'd like to see from Allen is sometimes he just needs to go down. He can't always back away from pressure and escape it. A single edge rusher, sure he can sidestep him and make a throw. If the interior collapses he needs to just go down. That's something Peterman had to learn too and I think he has.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

This is the NFL. The defenders are bigger, stronger and faster than anything he faced in college. There's more pressure up front and the throwing windows are much smaller than the ones he saw at Wyoming. The game tape is going to be awful and it's going to be the same supporting cast all season. 

All today showed was that he's not ready for the Ravens in 2 weeks. Put this guy on the bench for as long as possible. He's talented, but it doesn't amount for enough yet. 

College or not, he can't throw to non-existent receivers. 

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

College or not, he can't throw to non-existent receivers. 

So what's the solution? Play him and listening to people make excuses for how bad his supporting cast is all season?

That'll grow tiring pretty quickly. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

So what's the solution? Play him and listening to people make excuses for how bad his supporting cast is all season?

That'll grow tiring pretty quickly. 

I'd prefer to get the man some better help. That goes for Pete too if he ends up starting. 

19 minutes ago, GoodHands15 said:

Nate was a pretty big project coming out of San Diego.

Im not saying that Nate hasn’t earned the right to start by every statisticians calculations.

But we all watched the kid make a fair amount of quick timely throws running the same 2nd offense late week. Which, really does seem to be designed for the 1-3 step grip and rip. He did that very very well last week if I do recall.

I still believe, especially since they’re with the guy on a day to day basis, the entire Bills lockeroom, knows that Josh possesses too much talent and is “ready enough” to even sacrifice a single game to NP’s quick noodle.

IMO of course

Mistake or thinking of someone else? I think you're way off on the locker room. You don't think those guys have seen talent underperform before? Sometimes guys just need more time, and those first 6 games are not the time for it. Good chance he reverts back to bad habits if he faces pressure like that regularly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GoodHands15 said:

Nate was a pretty big project coming out of San Diego.

IMO of course

Not to nitpick but NP played college ball at Tennessee before transferring to Pitt. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Nonsense. I get it you're a fanboy but that's not the case. With a terrible o-line you have to get the ball out fast. Peterman is superior at that and makes decisions faster at this point in his career. Allen is the long-term answer but Peterman is better for now.

• Like (+1) 2