Please name Josh Allen the starter

7 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

McD will have to make the best decision with the information he has, But, I would rather start NP and have to switch to JA, then to start JA and then for some ungodly reason have to switch to NP.

Dr. Chandler diagnoses the ‘Buffalo-strain PTSD’. 

Side effects include nausea, depression, vomiting uncontrollably, mood swings and thoughts of suicide.

Ask your Doctor if Cocaine is right for you.

56 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There is no question here.  It’s very clear and very simple:

Start Allen in 3rd preseason game, give him the whole first half.  He plays well, he starts week 1 period.  He struggles, let NP start at least week 1.  Then McD can look to switch to Allen early in the season as he progresses in practice if NP isn’t getting the job done.

End thread.  :)

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I really think Allen has done enough to have his shot with the 1s in game 3. If he keeps doing what he's been doing getting better each time it's going to be awfully hard to keep him from starting on day 1.

I now agree with both of you.

How could even the most "pro Peterman" posters disagree that Josh Allen has proved he deserves a shot with the #1s?

Preseason is for "evaluation" and JA has passed the test for his chance with the 1s.

How could even the most "pro Allen" posters disagree that some others feel (coaches and players included) that you need to

evaluate Josh Allen "with the 1s" before you give him the keys to the car?

Let Allen play the 1st half and Peterman the 2nd....................evaluate the results........................go forward with a plan.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/17/2018 at 9:40 PM, Warcodered said:

I get it I really do but your not always going to have a good line and you can't just hide your good players when you have a bad one.

This season is ABOUT STACKING UP Ws. Ain't no process to that, just keep them wins coming Josh.

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I now agree with both of you.

How could even the most "pro Peterman" posters disagree that Josh Allen has proved he deserves a shot with the #1s?

Preseason is for "evaluation" and JA has passed the test for his chance with the 1s.

How could even the most "pro Allen" posters disagree that some others feel (coaches and players included) that you need to

evaluate Josh Allen "with the 1s" before you give him the keys to the car?

Let Allen play the 1st half and Peterman the 2nd....................evaluate the results........................go forward with a plan.

The reason an Allen supporter wants to hand him the keys to the car without further evaluation is to avoid confusion and controversy.  Peterman is a second year guy who has accomplished nothing in the NFL.  He is NOT the future.  Having Peterman start is a waste of time.   The question isn't "should Allen be paused so he can learn from Drew Brees".  The question is should Allen ride the bench so he can observe Nate fricking Peterman.  Zero to be gained from that.  

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

14 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

JMO but I have concerns about JA starting at this time in the regular season. I have a hard time believing that he has cleaned up the problems that were so evident in his college tape in the few months since he was drafted. It took AR three years to work out the kinks in his game - and they were fewer and less serious than Allen's. More recently a more accurate passer (under the tutelage of Andy Reid no less), P. Mahomes, was given a year to straighten out his footwork. 

I would have said exactly this one month ago. But he is way ahead of where I thought he would be based on how he played at Wyoming. His footwork is so much more consistent than it was in college. On the TD to Streater he did everything exactly right, like a savvy veteran. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes and the few he makes don't kill the team (unlike Peterman mistakes which usually turn the ball over).

I wasn't a fan of Allen before we drafted him, but one of the things that helped me like the pick is his background. He hasn't been playing football for most of his life. He played multiple sports in high school and never received any real professional QB coaching. He looked better at the Senior Bowl after working with Palmer, and seemingly has worked out a lot of his flaws in the few months since. He's ready. Not saying he'll be flawless as a rookie, but he's good enough to take his lumps on the field and improve with experience.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The reason an Allen supporter wants to hand him the keys to the car without further evaluation is to avoid confusion and controversy.  Peterman is a second year guy who has accomplished nothing in the NFL.  He is NOT the future.  Having Peterman start is a waste of time.   The question isn't "should Allen be paused so he can from Drew Brees".  The question is should Allen ride the bench so he can observe Nate fricking Peterman.  Zero to be gained from that.  

It's not about NP at all.  It's about JA being ready to play in the NFL.

JA has not had a pass with the 1s in preseason.  WE say give him that chance.

Nothing more, nothing less.

34 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Dr. Chandler diagnoses the ‘Buffalo-strain PTSD’. 

Side effects include nausea, depression, vomiting uncontrollably, mood swings and thoughts of suicide.

Ask your Doctor if Cocaine is right for you.

Thanks Doc, but I think my current script is fine, although it may need some adjustments after reading some of these posts.... :w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

Im very high on Allen, and why not. His arm strength and athleticism are nothing short of elite. He's also bright, dedicated and hardworking. And he appears to have a great personality. I'm on record as saying all along that he fully justified a high first round selection regardless of his small school pedigree and (let's say) uneven 2017 tape. He could have reasonably gone # 1 overall.

There is nothing defeatist about my post. It's more like "protectionist" because I actually realize how valuable an asset he is to the Bills and the fanbase. I want the Bills to manage him in the way that gives him the best chance to succeed. 

I worry about Allen getting hurt, and I did the same when he played at Wyoming. But a year is not going to make a difference. If anything,  he will get the line to gel faster and give everyone hope that he can make long drives and eat up the clock. And that with one flick of the wrist score on a deep ball. At Wyoming he was used to run clock and keep the defense rested. And it looks like that is what they did Friday night. I like that Daboll likes to get his quarterback's in rythem early. Something the Wyoming OC had no clue about. Thus some of the wild throws. Allen is the type that has barely been given the chance to pick a team apart because his OC was so ****ty. I think Daboll is going to be the guy that gets all of Allen's potential to the forefront. Daboll understands what he has for a qb. I bet Daboll is giddy right now with Allen progressing so quickly. That Wyoming OC should be kicking himself in the ass for not using Allen the way he should be used. If he would have I suppose he would be in Cleveland right now, and I have grown fond of Buffalo and it's fans. You guys are a good fit for Josh. Cleveland is Cleveland.  Enough said.

I hope Allen is the qb this team needs. I was hoping Allen might sit for 5 games or so, now I don't think he needs to. If Daboll can mix up the play calling enough for Allen to settle in, Allen is used to slugging it out for a 17- 10 type of game. He can play in high scoring shootouts also, but his old OC preferred to grind out games. And that is what Allen was doing Friday night.

Allen will have some games where it isn't his day, but he will have more days where it is. As far as Peterman goes, I think he is one of those guys that plays good in practice.  But when it really counts I think he folds because he doesn't have the tools to compete at a high NFL level. Maybe if he played for someone like the Patriots, which his skill set shows he might be a good fit for. One thing about following Allen for so long, I never felt like he couldn't pull a win out except for a few times like the Oregon game last year. That was one ugly game. It seemed like no one came to play that day. Oregon's team speed and athleticism was far more than Wyoming had. Usually Wyoming teams get up for games like that, not that day. Our receivers couldn't get separation if the defender fell down. All I can tell you is never bet against Allen too often, he is Cowboy tough. Now Bill tough. He will give that offense confidence, and knows he needs them to help him make plays. I never heard one bad thing about Allen from his time at Wyoming. And Laramie is a small town where you hear everything. I am curious who put out the racist tweets the night before the draft. I wonder if we will ever find out. Josh didn't deserve that, he is too nice of a guy. And if anyone ever saw them and knew what they originated from, they would know they were taken out of context. I still see some idiots popping off about them from time to time calling Allen a racist. That is so far from the truth. Sorry about the long post. Our state takes a lot of pride in Josh and his family. Good people.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BB@Shooter said:

I worry about Allen getting hurt, and I did the same when he played at Wyoming. But a year is not going to make a difference. If anything,  he will get the line to gel faster and give everyone hope that he can make long drives and eat up the clock. And that with one flick of the wrist score on a deep ball. At Wyoming he was used to run clock and keep the defense rested. And it looks like that is what they did Friday night. I like that Daboll likes to get his quarterback's in rythem early. Something the Wyoming OC had no clue about. Thus some of the wild throws. Allen is the type that has barely been given the chance to pick a team apart because his OC was so ****ty. I think Daboll is going to be the guy that gets all of Allen's potential to the forefront. Daboll understands what he has for a qb. I bet Daboll is giddy right now with Allen progressing so quickly. That Wyoming OC should be kicking himself in the ass for not using Allen the way he should be used. If he would have I suppose he would be in Cleveland right now, and I have grown fond of Buffalo and it's fans. You guys are a good fit for Josh. Cleveland is Cleveland.  Enough said.

I hope Allen is the qb this team needs. I was hoping Allen might sit for 5 games or so, now I don't think he needs to. If Daboll can mix up the play calling enough for Allen to settle in, Allen is used to slugging it out for a 17- 10 type of game. He can play in high scoring shootouts also, but his old OC preferred to grind out games. And that is what Allen was doing Friday night.

Allen will have some games where it isn't his day, but he will have more days where it is. As far as Peterman goes, I think he is one of those guys that plays good in practice.  But when it really counts I think he folds because he doesn't have the tools to compete at a high NFL level. Maybe if he played for someone like the Patriots, which his skill set shows he might be a good fit for. One thing about following Allen for so long, I never felt like he couldn't pull a win out except for a few times like the Oregon game last year. That was one ugly game. It seemed like no one came to play that day. Oregon's team speed and athleticism was far more than Wyoming had. Usually Wyoming teams get up for games like that, not that day. Our receivers couldn't get separation if the defender fell down. All I can tell you is never bet against Allen too often, he is Cowboy tough. Now Bill tough. He will give that offense confidence, and knows he needs them to help him make plays. I never heard one bad thing about Allen from his time at Wyoming. And Laramie is a small town where you hear everything. I am curious who put out the racist tweets the night before the draft. I wonder if we will ever find out. Josh didn't deserve that, he is too nice of a guy. And if anyone ever saw them and knew what they originated from, they would know they were taken out of context. I still see some idiots popping off about them from time to time calling Allen a racist. That is so far from the truth. Sorry about the long post. Our state takes a lot of pride in Josh and his family. Good people.

Yeah. The thing that most boggles my mind is the thought that opposing Ds may at all times have to defend every patch of grass on the field. If surrounded by the right playmakers Allen would be a threat to beat you on any down and from any part of the field.

• Like (+1) 1