Please name Josh Allen the starter

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Did anyone seriously think after his first 2 preseason games AJ was on track to start and even if he was that he's been as good or better than Peterman and Allen?  AJ to me has looked so...meh.

Let it come down to these last 3 weeks.  Actually, its probably going to be a decision made by next Sunday.  Whoever starts, so long as he plays well, is probably the week 1 starter.

My eyes are telling me Allen gives us the best chance to win.  This is going to be a fun week. 

Hoping for good news on Kyle!

If Allen starts game 3, Peterman has a shot only if Allen blows up. 

If Peterman starts game 3, Allen still could take the job even if Peterman plays okay.  

I just don't see how you can keep that kind of talent off the field.    And kudos to Daboll - to have installed and taught an offense where Allen has gotten so comfortable so quickly is a credit to him.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's the kind of play Aaron Rodgers makes, and we're all agog.  

Put it together with the touchdown pass last week, a completely different play but a TD pass very few NFL QBs throw.   Two weeks, two truly big-time TD passes.

Yeah that ball was a laser...Sal Cappachio said he was right down at the end zone where it happened and he said he could literally hear the ball coming through the air and the thud it made when it hit McCloud...said McCloud seemed like he got the wind knocked out of him from that throw...

Allen definitely has a plus plus arm...hoping he doesn't do the Dan Marino screen passes tho where he throws it so hard the ball basically gets stuck in the RBs facemask

10 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's the kind of play Aaron Rodgers makes, and we're all agog.  

Put it together with the touchdown pass last week, a completely different play but a TD pass very few NFL QBs throw.   Two weeks, two truly big-time TD passes.

I'm excited. Worried a little about the line when the real bullets fly. I hope we can get a semblance of a running game going to help Allen out.

Also, I watched the Jets game yesterday and I was impressed with Darnold. From what I have seen he is no better than Allen. Josh may have demonstrated more by his pocket presence knowing when to get out but that is only because I didn't see Darnold in trouble yet. He may have the same ability.

Edited by Dante

46 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Josh Allen obviously has a stronger arm based on tests done. He has one of the strongest arms ever.

But those videos trying to show the differnece are a joke.

The one where Peterman is throwing the defender is only 3 yards away from the receiver when the ball is starting to be thrown. The defender is already moving forward in his break towards the ball too.

The one where Allen is throwing the defender is 5 yards away from the receiver when the ball is starting to be thrown. The defender is not moving forward in his break yet. He was moving backwards and needed to plant his feet before moving forward.

Because everyone on defense knows where Peterman is going with the football. With Allen, as a DB you have to respect every route, the moment you jump a route he is going to make you pay. Look at the TD in the Carolina game. Little pump fake, corner jumps, ball goes behind him for the TD.

6 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

If Allen starts game 3, Peterman has a shot only if Allen blows up. 

If Peterman starts game 3, Allen still could take the job even if Peterman plays okay.  

I just don't see how you can keep that kind of talent off the field.    And kudos to Daboll - to have installed and taught an offense where Allen has gotten so comfortable so quickly is a credit to him.  

Yea Dabol might be one of the biggest offseason hires in the history of the franchise.

Edited by Luka

Josh Allen is my QB.  He became my QB when Pickerman almost threw a pick 6 on his first play.  Allen's ball just gets there faster.  He's clearly the vastly superior physical specimen.  He needs to start and learn.  Trial by fire.  Just don't pull him when we're 2-2 and you're afraid for your job.  No problem there McD >>>>>>> Maroon.

• Like (+1) 1

I can tell you that this offense is not hard for my man JA.  He ran a simalar one with my Cowboys. Coach Bohl runs the west Coast offense and has for ever,  that’s why Carson & Josh are comfortable with it. Enjoy what’s coming.   You have a lot more fans now with Josh and Eddie in blue And white....

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billscowboy said:

I can tell you that this offense is not hard for my man JA.  He ran a simalar one with my Cowboys. Coach Bohl runs the west Coast offense and has for ever,  that’s why Carson & Josh are comfortable with it. Enjoy what’s coming.   You have a lot more fans now with Josh and Eddie in blue And white....

True but there is only 500,000 of us.

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

Good points. I look at EJ like a plain donut. Not bad, you can get behind it and even say its pretty good. Then when a vanilla dip with sprinkles comes along, you had no idea it even existed. Now, that plain donut is kind of a drag. 

We had never had a hot shot rookie qb of our own that was decent. No comparisons we could get behind.

Preseason or not, its pretty easy to deduce Allen has the frosting AND sprinkles.

Im just hoping there isnt one out there w/frosting, sprinkles AND JELLY FILLED;)

You had me at donuts!

Great post btw.

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Ya think?

I'm just saying that Peterman was better in college and he's also been better this preseason.

The people saying Allen is clearly the best QB right now basically have no factual evidence to support that claim. I like Allen a lot too but Peterman is clearly ahead right now.

Definitely not

JA was amazingly fun to watch.  Woot!  But Peterman should start the reg season.  Many of you do not seem to understand or remember that this is a rebuilding year.   Last year should have been but everyone wanted a dumb playoff game which really screwed us in the draft and caused is to need to trade away picks we needed for an oline so as to get a QB.  

We seem to have struck gold on the QB but we also know we have a horrible oline.  Why gamble the rookie and maybe future franchise QB we have been waiting more than 20 years for on this season?  We cannot win this season with all the holes we have.  Run defense and oline being big ones it seems.

Start Peterman and spare the kid in the first few games at least.  Peterman will likely have a few really bad days thus allowiing JA to get some game time; he may even get injured as AJ did what with this line.  2018 bills season is not about W-L but about the future.  Losing 12 games is fine - ruining or breaking our new hope QB just to make 8 wins and not 4 is dumb.

Man, JA really looked the part; and then some.  Pre season Game 3 has me more anticipated to see than just about any reg season bills game in recent memory.

1 minute ago, sleeby said:

JA was amazingly fun to watch.  Woot!  But Peterman should start the reg season.  Many of you do not seem to understand or remember that this is a rebuilding year.   Last year should have been but everyone wanted a dumb playoff game which really screwed us in the draft and caused is to need to trade away picks we needed for an oline so as to get a QB.  

We seem to have struck gold on the QB but we also know we have a horrible oline.  Why gamble the rookie and maybe future franchise QB we have been waiting more than 20 years for on this season?  We cannot win this season with all the holes we have.  Run defense and oline being big ones it seems.

Start Peterman and spare the kid in the first few games at least.  Peterman will likely have a few really bad days thus allowiing JA to get some game time; he may even get injured as AJ did what with this line.  2018 bills season is not about W-L but about the future.  Losing 12 games is fine - ruining or breaking our new hope QB just to make 8 wins and not 4 is dumb.

Man, JA really looked the part; and then some.  Pre season Game 3 has me more anticipated to see than just about any reg season bills game in recent memory.

its simple. you play your best players at every position. Allen is better than Peterman at every facet of the game.  If McD starts Peterman he should be fired for malpractice. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sleeby said:

JA was amazingly fun to watch.  Woot!  But Peterman should start the reg season.  Many of you do not seem to understand or remember that this is a rebuilding year.   

What better way to spend a "rebuilding year" than giving your franchise QB much needed game experience? Why would you waste, what essentially becomes house money in terms of wins and losses, on Peterman when Allen needs game day reps?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, sleeby said:

Many of you do not seem to understand or remember that this is a rebuilding year.   

I must have missed that memo.  Or was there a presser where Beane announced this?  Enlighten us, please.  Do you think we should tank this year?  For an offensive lineman?

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

its simple. you play your best players at every position. Allen is better than Peterman at every facet of the game.  If McD starts Peterman he should be fired for malpractice. 

Nah.  No way.  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you are a lousy card and or chess player.  Playing the best first over and over blindly is not the way to win the long game.

The oline may be criminally dangerous - let Peterman run recon in the first weeks and see just how dangerous it is.  The bills are not contenders in 2018 either way.