Please name Josh Allen the starter

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

You make good points but Peterman could struggle as well....I don't have the answer but I would prefer to see Allen....I've been wrong before.....

Allen wouldn't be the 1st franchise QB to start his rookie year as the backup, he'll play pretty early next season unless Peterman is the real deal. Im not committing to Peterman like I would Allen.

Why do you prefer Allen? Potential or you think he gives the Bills the best chance to win? If it's best chance then you're already going into the season with the wrong goals. The goal is to develop Allen. We aren't winning the Super Bowl with a rookie QB, so realistically, winning shouldn't be the #1 goal if Allen starts.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Allen wouldn't be the 1st franchise QB to start his rookie year as the backup, he'll play pretty early next season unless Peterman is the real deal. Im not committing to Peterman like I would Allen.

Why do you prefer Allen? Potential or you think he gives the Bills the best chance to win? If it's best chance then you're already going into the season with the wrong goals. The goal is to develop Allen. We aren't winning the Super Bowl with a rookie QB, so realistically winning shouldn't be the #1 goal if Allen starts.

I don't know...gut feeling? I really just want to win and if Peterman starts and wins I'll be happy

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

He won't win. Neither QB will. That's my point. Developing a QB has to be #1 over wins Allen's rookie year.

ok, that's fair....but if we're not winning I feel the best way to learn is to play...Allen gets better quicker with game experience

• Like (+1) 1

To be fully honest, I was not happy with the Allen pick on draft night.

But I just got done watching his snaps, and it looks like all my concerns were addressed.

Accuracy issues? 9 of 13. Even more important, there was only one head stretching throw that I saw. (The first pass). The others were drops, quick shots to avoid a sack or throwing it up in the red zone in a spot where only his receiver had a shot.

Footwork? That TD pass was a thing of beauty.

Not ready for an NFL defense? He took his time, kept his eyes downfield.

Yes, there were rookie mistakes and all the caveats of preseason apply, but he definitely earned time with the 1s.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

ok, that's fair....but if we're not winning I feel the best way to learn is to play...Allen gets better quicker with game experience

I want Allen to take his lumps but since Kelly I've watched every drafted or traded for "franchise QB" get benched before completing 16 starts. Allen is by far the most talented and ownership is different, but I still wonder if Buffalo can develop a QB.

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

But I just got done watching his snaps, and it looks like all my concerns were addressed.

Accuracy issues? 9 of 13. Even more important, there was only one head stretching throw that I saw. (The first pass). The others were drops, quick shots to avoid a sack or throwing it up in the red zone in a spot where only his receiver had a shot.

Yes, there were rookie mistakes and all the caveats of preseason apply, but he definitely earned time with the 1s.

I'd love to see him start next week against the Bengals' #1 defense to get an even better assessment of his readiness. 

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The pocket poise and pocket awareness is by far the biggest surprise with Allen so far. He's remaining poised even after taking big hits in the pocket.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

The Bills don’t have a QB to keep Allen on the bench. I originally thought that he’d need a red shirt year. That’s wrong. He’s a lot tougher mentally and further along physically than I thought. Hand him the keys and don’t look back. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

The pocket poise and pocket awareness is by far the biggest surprise with Allen so far. He's remaining poised even after taking big hits in the pocket.

I know. As much as I loved Tyrod's runs, it's huge to he steady in the pocket when you know a hit is coming.

5 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Lol, there were a LOT of us. In fact, most of Buffalo figured we drafted the wrong Josh. As a fan of the team, at somepoint ya just need to move on and get behind it. Hes making it easier as we progress. You are more likely the majority rather than the minority

Yea, he is making it alot easier! He looks good & I'm happy he does. I'm not wrong about many things, but I was literally praying I was wrong about this!

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills don’t have a QB to keep aAllen in the bench. I originally thought that he’d need a red shirt year. That’s wrong. He’s a lot tougher mentally and further along physically than I thought. Hand him the keys and don’t look back. 

Yup—totally agree.  His play has earned the chance.  He also seems to have the intangibles, too—you can see how guys reacts positively to him and he always seems to be bucking up his teammates.  Leadership counts at the QB position and he seems to have potential there.

10 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Please for the love of God, just name Josh Allen the starter. That is all. 

I don't know..."This guy Pete" looms like a different dude! He's showing some swag... lol...love the one arm compression sleeve 

With Pete looking this good... no need to rush Allen in the game this early in his career. Remember it's only preseason & he hasn't went up against a 1st team defense yet

Edited by Scorp83