Please name Josh Allen the starter

2 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

The only problem is he is our best QB.   And in my opinion, that's the starter.

I’m more concerned with him being ready than whether he’s our best option. Two different questions. I’m all about the long term on this one. 

• Like (+1) 3

Mayfield is more NFL ready yet will be backup.

Allen should be our starter just because he is the better QB out of the 3. Not by a lot mind you, but with the obvious upsides and "it" factor, the only reason I'd put him at #2 is that OLine will get whoever is there killed! Even Shady!

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m more concerned with him being ready than whether he’s our best option. Two different questions. I’m all about the long term on this one. 

Allen is proving it though.  I have waited till now to say Allen should start.  Best guy wins.  Every season counts.  I'm not worried about breaking him anymore.  He has more poise than any rookie QB I've seen.  And to this point, in pre season granted, he produces.  The goal line TD was all I needed.  Two amazing drives with amazing TDs in two weeks.

Four scoring drives in two weeks.

2 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

Allen is proving it though.  I have waited till now to say Allen should start.  Best guy wins.  Every season counts.  I'm not worried about breaking him anymore.  He has more poise than any rookie QB I've seen.  And to this point, in pre season granted, he produces.  The goal line TD was all I needed.  Two amazing drives with amazing TDs in two weeks.

He's been the best guy in both games.  He clearly can handle the bad o line play better and this kids poise is impressive.   As Augie said,  he is the best option but if that's not what's best for him,  I don't want him out there.  It's two separate conversations.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

He's been the best guy in both games.  He clearly can handle the bad o line play better and this kids poise is impressive.   As Augie said,  he is the best option but if that's not what's best for him,  I don't want him out there.  It's two separate conversations.  

At 7:30 pm it was.  Now, not so much.

Do you really expect Nate to start?  Really?  He's a local kid to me.  I pull for my locals.....but Allen isn't the guy the press told you he was.  He's ready.

Edited by JaxBills

3 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He does look like he has it.  By it I mean that ability that can't be measured that makes QB's great.

The ability to slide around the pocket and then make a throw at the last second when a receiver comes open?

Yeah he definitely can do that...I have been impressed so far...those are things that can't be taught.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

Allen and Mayfield both have that look, IMO.  Honestly, all of the 1st round QBs have impressed thus far.  Obviously too early to tell, but looking like a really good QB class

It's preseason.  He hasn't had a chance to suck yet.  Even Losman looked good in preseason.

Of course, ten years from now, when Allen has a .650 winning percentage and four Pro-Bowls under his belt, I'll still be saying "Yes, Allen isn't sucking...yet.  It's the Bills, give it time..."  Just 'cause that's how I roll...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Hey look... I hope this thread stays up cause I want people to read my post!

I'm probably one of the main posters that was against drafting Josh Allen... & right now... I'm HAPPY that I might be wrong! I'm not all in... but I'm a little excited.... he looks pretty good! Trust me, my "I was wrong about Josh Allen thread" will come if I'm wrong... I'm a man of my word.

But I'm not criticizing him anymore... he's earned that from me right now

Scorp ?

Lol, there were a LOT of us. In fact, most of Buffalo figured we drafted the wrong Josh. As a fan of the team, at somepoint ya just need to move on and get behind it. Hes making it easier as we progress. You are more likely the majority rather than the minority

1 hour ago, JaxBills said:

Four scoring drives in two weeks.

Fwiw (and i dont disagree w you) but EJ sure did show a lot of poise in that CAR comeback. Fooled maybe people by flashing a glimpse of the IT factor..

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Josh has shown much more than I expected at this point, and his upside seems amazing, but I’m still not wanting him to be rushed into action. I will wait and trust the process. 

I don't want him rushed either, but jeezus when he gets in a zone, or needs to fling it....

Allen is special.... how to deal with it...

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Lol, there were a LOT of us. In fact, most of Buffalo figured we drafted the wrong Josh. As a fan of the team, at somepoint ya just need to move on and get behind it. Hes making it easier as we progress. You are more likely the majority rather than the minority

Fwiw (and i dont disagree w you) but EJ sure did show a lot of poise in that CAR comeback. Fooled maybe people by flashing a glimpse of the IT factor..

I pulled for EJ, but he never looked to have "it".  But.... We should temper our excitement.

I do believe he's the best QB on OUR team.  So we will find out soon.

If I remember correctly, most of us felt EJ looked and sounded the part on paper, and we really really liked the guy too, but he never impresed me.(not that my opinion matters,lol)