Announcers

Wow.  This play by play guy is the worst I've ever heard.

Doesnt know the down.

Doesnt know yardage.

y guy is the worst I've ever heard.  And thats saying a lot.Doesnt know the players.

Too stupid to realize Jarvis Landry's "blocking" earned them two OPI penalties.

And complete Browns homer.

But hey, he knew 84 was Jack Nicklaus grandson, so bonus points there.

Edited to clarify--this was the NFL Network feed.  Guys name was Crawford, I think.  Pretty sure its the Browns team crew.

Edited by pennstate10
  • Like (+1) 1

NFL Network carried the Browns' feed.  Play-by-play was Somebody Crawford and color was Tim Couch.  They were both terrible.   Another example: before the commercial, "you don't see OPI three times in a season."  After the commercial:  "they'll call that [OPI] every time."

25 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Wow.  This play by play guy is the worst I've ever heard.

Doesnt know the down.

Doesnt know yardage.

y guy is the worst I've ever heard.  And thats saying a lot.Doesnt know the players.

Too stupid to realize Jarvis Landry's "blocking" earned them two OPI penalties.

And complete Browns homer.

But hey, he knew 84 was Jack Nicklaus grandson, so bonus points there.

Edited to clarify--this was the NFL Network feed.  Guys name was Crawford, I think.  Pretty sure its the Browns team crew.

Was pretty bad.

"Travis Cadet"...uhh, who?

"That was Micah Hyde". Noooo, I'm pretty sure that was Kelcie McCray with the personal foul in the second half.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Bills commentary wasn't much better. Tasker is just a disaster. I don't know who his partner was, but I thought he was decent for the most part.

Granted I didn't watch the whole game.

I thought Tasker did fine. What specifically do you not like about him?

They were terrible.  Why did everyone have to constantly hear that every player on the Browns' roster is wonderful?  I loved it when they said the play was made "by number 86."  No roster in front of them and they strictly do visuals?  Kosar would've been better in the box than on the sidelines.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I thought Tasker did fine. What specifically do you not like about him?

He just stumbled over words, tons of awkward pauses. Consistently gets names and calls wrong. As the horse collar call against Allen was being replayed he said he clearly got a handful of Allen's facemask. Said Josh McDermott should throw the challenge flag. If it happened just once, I'd understand, but it has been through out every preseason game.

I guess I maybe an oddity. It's not his analysis that bothers me, because I do think when he finally spits it out, it's ok. But the simple things just from a technical stand point annoy the hell out of me. He just sounds so amateur, so that these national guys everyone complains about seem amazing. Which in reality, they are actually decent at their job despite how much we complain.

7 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Was not Steve Tasker.

Jay Crawford did play by play and Tim Couch did color.

Wow Jay Crawford. Is he the guy from that old ass ESPN Cold Pizza show? 

28 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Bills commentary wasn't much better. Tasker is just a disaster. I don't know who his partner was, but I thought he was decent for the most part.

Granted I didn't watch the whole game.

Andrew Catalon was the play by play announcer,Stone is much better,imo.

• Like (+1) 1

On the Bills feed, 2 games in a row now they've been doing meaningless sideline interviews and not come back to tell you what happened. Last week was after a 5 yard penalty gave Carolina a first down rather than having to  punt from inside the 10 (basically turned the whole game around) and tonight there is a guy running for what looks like a Browns td and I have no idea what happened. I presume the ball hit the ground on the pass to him but they never told you nor showed a replay. Drives me insane. (I mean I could have missed the interview with Jordan Mills and not felt deprived).

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BubbaT said:

On the Bills feed, 2 games in a row now they've been doing meaningless sideline interviews and not come back to tell you what happened. Last week was after a 5 yard penalty gave Carolina a first down rather than having to  punt from inside the 10 (basically turned the whole game around) and tonight there is a guy running for what looks like a Browns td and I have no idea what happened. I presume the ball hit the ground on the pass to him but they never told you nor showed a replay. Drives me insane. (I mean I could have missed the interview with Jordan Mills and not felt deprived).

The interviews are boring and awful every year. At least they stay on top of their useless polls.

41 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

I really get annoyed when they do these interviews during regular season and playoff games for all of the 4 major sports while the game action is going on.