Who wins more games? Bills or Browns?

Bfanlc

17 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

Based on what you guys have seen who wins more games this year? Bills or Browns? 

I really do not know- I think the Bills are the better team and I expect the Browns to change HC at some point this season, but the Bills early schedule and road travels could have a big impact if they get off to a slow start.

In the end - I thinks the Bills will be better because of Coaching and Teamwork.  I think the Browns will be internally battling esp with WR going after TT because they are not getting the touches.

Bills are a better team.  Remember, we’ve shipped out talent for “team”. 

Browns do have a nice collection of talent though - That defensive front 7 is strong, with depth, and they have some serious weapons on offense.  

At the very least, they shouldn’t be an automatic 2 wins for everyone in that division.  They remind me of a more talented NY Jets.  

I do think our offensive talent will surprise with a QB who actually throws the ball and a new OC who doesn’t run, run, pass. 

On defense, there’s definitely enough talent for Leslie Frazier to make this unit Top 10.  Our worries are CB depth, the preseason play of Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano along with Trent Murphy’s health... that’s first world problems. 

Edited by SCBills

I will predict Buffalo, but it's not a slam dunk. Buffalo made the playoffs last season with Tyrod lined up under center for most of the games.  Cleveland lines up quite a few form high draft picks when the ball is snapped.  I think what holds them back is most of their roster doesn't know how to win because they've not had experience doing so, but there is enough talent on their roster you'd think the winning has to start sometime.  I think Buffalo is a fringe playoff team this season, again, but there is no question they could be hurt by the QB change.  No, I'm not a TyROD fan lamenting his departure, but he does have more experience than any Buffalo QB, and if Allen wins the starting job, he's going to see more exotic blitzes, and disguised coverage in the regular season than he will through the rest of preseason.  I still have to assume there is a learning curve going on.  I pick Buffalo because of the success McDermott has had in building a new culture in the Buffalo locker room, one that seems very conducive to winning.

On 8/18/2018 at 1:17 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I think it’s the Browns. They have a more talented roster and a LOT more depth. 

I mostly agree.  People who say “the Browns suck until proven otherwise” are not paying attention.   They are a talented team and that was obvious on Friday.  Teams make quantum leaps all the time in the NFL. The Browns had absolutely deplorable quarterbacking this year.  Whatever you think of Tyrod and Mayfield, they will be much improved in that area.   However, the Browns coaching is still going to hold them back.  I see Bills and Browns both winning 9 games.

Edited by mannc

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

I mostly agree.  People who say “the Browns suck until proven otherwise” are not paying attention.   They are a talented team and that was obvious on Friday.  Teams make quantum leaps all the time in the NFL. The Browns had absolutely deplorable quarterbacking this year.  Whatever you think of Tyrod and Mayfield, they will be much improved in that area.   However, the Browns coaching is still going to hold them back.  I see Bills and Browns both winning 9 games.

okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....................................

9 game combined, a stretch....

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

i think people are paying attention, but it's still fair to say the brown are the browns until they rack up more than 2-3 wins, (which i think they can easily do).  just like the bills, the browns have to show they can put it all together. 

9 minutes ago, teef said:

i think people are paying attention, but it's still fair to say the brown are the browns until they rack up more than 2-3 wins, (which i think they can easily do).  just like the bills, the browns have to show they can put it all together. 

at the very least, the Browns have a usually very competitive division, and legit rivalries between all four make it tougher.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

at the very least, the Browns have a usually very competitive division, and legit rivalries between all four make it tougher.

they certainly don't have it easy.  i do hope the browns do well though.  that fan base deserves something to be excited about.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

True, and the Browns’ schedule has been even tougher than others in the division, by virtue of the fact that they don’t play the Browns twice a year.

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I vote Bills.

Probably going to get flamed for this, but I have Bills at 5-6 wins and Browns at 3-4.

you got my full support on this, worth beans but still...

9 combined is wise till proven otherwise

8 minutes ago, bdutton said:

I think the more important question is who will win more games... the Browns or the Sabres?

c'mon..... you can always hop onto the Leafs bandwagon....

• Like (+1) 1

With all that's up in the air about the upcoming season, I would put the over/under for BOTH teams at 7 wins.

Their floor/ceiling with TuhRod - 4/8

Their floor/ceiling with Baker - 3/9

Our floor/ceiling with Peterman - 3/9

Our floor/ceiling with Allen - 4/10

Obviously I just made those numbers up. They have a better collection of talent at many positions, but we have the edge with coaching and experience (and just won 9 games last year to their none). At this point, my guess is that Allen is 1 win better than Peterman.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

With all that's up in the air about the upcoming season, I would put the over/under for BOTH teams at 7 wins.

Their floor/ceiling with TuhRod - 4/8

Their floor/ceiling with Baker - 3/9

Our floor/ceiling with Peterman - 3/9

Our floor/ceiling with Allen - 4/10

Obviously I just made those numbers up. They have a better collection of talent at many positions, but we have the edge with coaching and experience (and just won 9 games last year to their none). At this point, my guess is that Allen is 1 win better than Peterman.

hopefully both fanbases have something to cheer for this year, been a long time combined....

• Like (+1) 1

Tough one, really. I think the Browns overall have the better talent, and even though I can’t stand Gregggggo their defense will be quite good this year. TT will give them chances they didn’t have last year. The thing going against them is a pretty brutal schedule.

I think the Bills will regress from last year, but not a lot. I’m a little worried about the O line and the defense’s inability to stop the run.

I give the slight edge to the Browns.

Browns have more talent then most of the league in all honestly but one of the objectively worst coaches in the league 

A good coach and weak-ish division matters more I think we will win more and place higher in our division than the browns would comparatively 

• Sad 1