McCarron hurt (fractured collarbone) Looks like it is a 2 man Competition

MAJBobby

22 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

I doubt they sign a vet this late just to dump him in final cuts. They’ll sign a camp arm 1st or 2nd year player for late game 3 and all of 4. Maybe somebody who’d fit on the practice squad. That makes more sense to me.

Agreed. This isn't a Dolphins "let's try to salvage the season and sign Jay Cutler" situation. Everyone knew McCarron was a half season stopgap at most. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well, the Thigh Doctor has spoken, and I am surprised to learn that the thigh bone is indeed connected to the collarbone.

Me, I'm waiting for that Dr. David Chao guy.

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

AJM knows this is his chance. I like the guy, what has he ever done wrong? I like to think he gutted it out. That could say a lot.

Bad break for him. I'm not sold on Peterman as the starter, but I also wanted Allen to sit.

Interesting times ahead. Not quite a rubber mat, but....

Where is Matt Moore and Derek Anderson?

The first team O-line was horrible. Cleveland has a solid D. But no reason for Gregg Williams to blitz AJM so many times early on.

We are going to blame Gregg Williams for blitzing too much? What a loser mentality.

They sent a corner in on Allen a few times on his first drive also. They gotta try to prepare just like everyone else. The Oline sucked, that's who is at fault, not Gregg Williams.

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

AJM knows this is his chance. I like the guy, what has he ever done wrong? I like to think he gutted it out. That could say a lot.

Bad break for him. I'm not sold on Peterman as the starter, but I also wanted Allen to sit.

Interesting times ahead. Not quite a rubber mat, but....

Where is Matt Moore and Derek Anderson?

The first team O-line was horrible. Cleveland has a solid D. But no reason for Gregg Williams to blitz AJM so many times early on.

Has Kaepernick slipped so far from our collective consciousness that Derek Anderson comes to mind before him now?

Not that I wish injury upon AJ, but this is a beneficial development.

It will force the staff to give a close look at Allen, maybe even accelerate their intended plans.

He should start next week, no reason not to.

Plus we don't have to split QB time among 3 guys now.  

This is too bad.   He would have been a good bridge until Allen was ready.   I can't hold his performance against him tonight because that line gave him no chance.    I'm not convinced that Allen or Peterman would have done any better behind that line if they were playing.   

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Not that I wish injury upon AJ, but this is a beneficial development.

It will force the staff to give a close look at Allen, maybe even accelerate their intended plans.

He should start next week, no reason not to.

Plus we don't have to split QB time among 3 guys now.  

Beane no doubt has a QB name on a list to bring in for the 4th game.

I don't think the Bills want to have only JA and NP play that game.

If AJM goes to IR or is out for a while (but still on the team) there will be camp cuts coming after the 4th game.

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Has Kaepernick slipped so far from our collective consciousness that Derek Anderson comes to mind before him now?

Management knows Anderson from their days together in Carolina.  Big advantage over Kaepernick, who they don't know.  

31 minutes ago, Lfod said:

It is sad because him getting injured makes it harder for me to say he wasn't winning the job anyway.

I didn't see him winning that horse race either but I would have liked for him to have a fair shot. I don't think he got that tonight.

Oh well, life ain't fair. It just is.

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

I didn't see him winning that horse race either but I would have liked for him to have a fair shot. I don't think he got that tonight.

Oh well, life ain't fair. It just is.

Yea unfortunately this game came with a few bad breaks. It was rough at times. 

43 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And you left some stats out, so I contributed to make them more accurate ?

I'll take that answer Alpha!

frankly, even before this game tonight and before AJ got hurt I thought if Allen plays well, then he will have three weeks to work with the 1s before Baltimore.

Allen is making NFL throws and NFL decisions.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts