McCarron hurt (fractured collarbone) Looks like it is a 2 man Competition

MAJBobby

24 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

19-22, about 225 yards and 2 TDs.

And an Int last week again with another dropped Int on his first pass today that should have been a pick 6.  Not to mention the O’Leary TD was slow and behind him where Nick, despite being wide open, had to stop and wait for it.  I mean if you look just at the stats you don’t get the real story.  

Allen is by far a superior prospect and I think he should get his shot with the 1’s next week to officially get his shot to win the job.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

Healing a Broken Collarbone 

Clavicle fractures should heal completely within 12 weeks, but the pain usually subsides within a few weeks. Often patients are back to full activities before 12 weeks has passed, especially with younger patients.  Immobilization is seldom needed beyond a few weeks and at that point, light activity and gentle motion can usually begin.

As a general guide to return to activities, nothing should cause worsening pain. If not wearing a sling causes pain, wear a sling. If driving hurts the fracture site, don't drive. If throwing a ball hurts, don't throw. Once an activity doesn't cause significant pain, a gradual return can be attempted.

Recovery is usually complete, with a full return expected. Patients may notice a persistent bump where the fracture was (often for months or longer), but this should not be bothersome.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/broken-collarbone-2548514

2 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Not Mac's day I guess. Ball falls through kB's mitts to get started. Then he gets killed behind a completely overmatched O line. Sad.

It is sad because him getting injured makes it harder for me to say he wasn't winning the job anyway.

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Not Mac's day I guess. Ball falls through kB's mitts to get started. Then he gets killed behind a completely overmatched O line. Sad.

KBs effort on that play was sad. And yes the O-line was terrible. Old Gregg Williams was blitzing early and often.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And an Int last week again with another dropped Int on his first pass today that should have been a pick 6.  Not to mention the O’Leary TD was slow and behind him where Nick, despite being wide open, had to stop and wait for it.  I mean if you look just at the stats you don’t get the real story.  

Allen is by far a superior prospect and I think should get his shot with the 1’s next week to

officially get his shot to win the job.

I don't remember where I said he should start.

I literally just listed his stats over the two weeks.

49 minutes ago, MJS said:

Dang, if he broke his collarbone and just ran off the field like normal, that's some serious pain tolerance.

46 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I broke my collarbone my junior year of college lacrosse, and I could barely walk off the field.

I guess it is different for everyone. I broke my collarbone sledding back when I was in high school. My friend heard it crack, but I didn't know anything was wrong. I guess my body went into shock. I climbed back to the top of the hill and started to feel a little bit queasy. My friends tried to convince me to keep sledding, but I kind of felt like something was wrong. And eventually I decided to walk home. I was about halfway home (maybe a 10-15 minute walk) when the pain kicked in. Not sure how I made it the rest of the way, but it took a good 10-15 minutes before any serious pain kicked in for me. Once it did, man it was one of the most painful things I ever went through. 

Edited by folz

Just now, RPbillsfan said:

I would love to add Matt Moore to the roster.  Would be solid vet to give some guidance to the kids.

Although sad for AJ, this means lots of additional reps for JA, so that is a positive

This is the silver lining my friend. Same for Horrible Harry and the KW injury.

I think we are seeing a real transition now. But the kids will be ok.

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

Josh Allen  will be week 1 starter  :D

AJ is out of the mix. The next couple weeks will be telling. I’m a “wait till Allen is certainly READY” guy, but they looked like a different team with him in today. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

He stayed in a while. He’s either courageous....or stupid! The OLine sucked early! 

AJM knows this is his chance. I like the guy, what has he ever done wrong? I like to think he gutted it out. That could say a lot.

Bad break for him. I'm not sold on Peterman as the starter, but I also wanted Allen to sit.

Interesting times ahead. Not quite a rubber mat, but....

Where is Matt Moore and Derek Anderson?

The first team O-line was horrible. Cleveland has a solid D. But no reason for Gregg Williams to blitz AJM so many times early on.

• Like (+1) 1