McCarron hurt (fractured collarbone) Looks like it is a 2 man Competition

MAJBobby

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

It’s too bad but I think his performance tonight pretty much took him out of the running anyway

Really? What could he do? That OLine was crazy bad. Scary for any QB. DLine got pushed around. That's no good...

IR and he can be back by week 8-10. I can't believe people that want a 2QB team! 

Allen impressed, again. Since his ceiling is high and the other don't outclass him at all, he should start. But it still sucks to lose a QB for so long

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Steptide said:

Peterman's stats are pretty darn good. 17 for 20 through 2 games 

They traded up to #7 to get Allen for a reason. The coaching staff just got their excuse to start Allen. Peterman is a fifth rounder. Allen is the future. It needs to start now. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Sadly I think you are correct.

I don't think McD can not start Allen...

When he walked on the field , the whole team perked up. They knew the better QB was coming on .. 

From what they witnessed in both, I just can't see them going Peterman. 

I doubt they sign a vet this late just to dump him in final cuts. They’ll sign a camp arm 1st or 2nd year player for late game 3 and all of 4. Maybe somebody who’d fit on the practice squad. That makes more sense to me.

How long does it take for a hairline fracture of the collarbone to heal sufficiently for a QB to resume play in the NFL?  I'm sure it's a given that McCarron's preseason is done, and he's probably out for the first couple of games.  The question is whether Buffalo would IR him or keep him on the active roster.  I would guess he could be available to play by October anyway.  

Obviously for the time being the race to start is a two way race.  If either Allen or Peterman clearly wins the race and looks OK when the season starts, McCarron will effectively be shut out.  If nobody looks good between now and the time McCarron is healthy again, I imagine the Bills would want to keep McCarron available.

Another issue: with McCarron out of commission, even though training camp is over, Buffalo is still carrying a 90 man roster, and will be running drills for receivers in Orchard Park.  Do they need to sign another arm to get them through the next couple weeks, and when the season starts look for a QB they can stash on their PS.  A GM's job is never done!

Just now, BisonMan said:

I doubt they sign a vet this late just to dump him in final cuts. They’ll sign a camp arm 1st or 2nd year player for late game 3 and all of 4. Maybe somebody who’d fit on the practice squad. That makes more sense to me.

They may may have to if MacCarron has to go on the 6 week start of the season IR.