Kyles knee...status update, walking without sleeve

I am a CT and xray tech and have seen a lot of them.  Docs can tell/know pretty quickly by manipulation if there is a tear.  CT and MRI confirm and can tell severity.  They came out pretty quickly that it wasnt.  Just because a brace, precautionary, helps keep swelling down which can cause more damage. Just because a brace lol. So everyone with a brace like that has an mcl tear, lol.  he/she did and got a brace.  

Reminded me of the monte python sketch.  If it floats it must a duck and thus made of wood and therefore a witch.... burn her.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I know ACL injuries. I had mine shredded in 1987 and opted to not have reconstructive surgery on it. I was 19 at the time.

Simce then, not one issue except minor arthritis when it gets humid. Of course, I am no longer a cut and plant athlete but, to this day, remain very active.

The amazing PT tore both ACL’s playing line at UCF. Never had surgery and still remains very active with things that fit, like mountain biking. My son feels it a bit in certain circumstances like sitting on a bar stool and letting it hang for a while (not that he spends hours sitting on bar stools! Haha). Yeah, it will never be “the same’, but the surgery and abilities now are incredible! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The guy runs off at the mouth and because, if he thinks it, he believes he it is 100% true. I wasn’t even discounting it may have been an ACL issue but to say it is because he had on a brace is freaking hilarious!

I know ACL injuries. I had mine shredded in 1987 and opted to not have reconstructive surgery on it. I was 19 at the time.

Simce then, not one issue except minor arthritis when it gets humid. Of course, I am no longer a cut and plant athlete but, to this day, remain very active.

Yep. Made me laugh.

Then acts like he didn't say it, i'm like "dude, you're quoted, give it up"

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

I am a CT and xray tech and have seen a lot of them.  Docs can tell/know pretty quickly by manipulation if there is a tear.  CT and MRI confirm and can tell severity.  They came out pretty quickly that it wasnt.  Just because a brace, precautionary, helps keep swelling down which can cause more damage. Just because a brace lol. So everyone with a brace like that has an mcl tear, lol.  he/she did and got a brace.  

Reminded me of the monte python sketch.  If it floats it must a duck and thus made of wood and therefore a witch.... burn her.

I'm a PT.

I've seen a lot too.

Hell I can generally diagnose as good as an MRI in regards to if it's torn or not.

Most of the scans that are used are only to confirm what the physical test said, to give EXACT locations of the tears so the surgical intervention can be planned, or to explore and see since they are stumped.

Just "seeing him in a brace" doesn't confirm ACL, but you know, obviously, since MAJbobby had an ACL tear and had the same brace, this MUST be an ACL, obviously.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

The amazing PT tore both ACL’s playing line at UCF. Never had surgery and still remains very active with things that fit, like mountain biking. My son feels it a bit in certain circumstances like sitting on a bar stool and letting it hang for a while (not that he spends hours sitting on bar stools! Haha). Yeah, it will never be “the same’, but the surgery and abilities now are incredible! 

That's great to hear.

I work on a LOT of ACL tears (and knee injuries in general).

Glad to hear your son is feeling good!

I love my job, and i love rehabbing knees.

It boggles my mind when people on this board try to argue with me (or other professionals) about things that they know nothing about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Not even going to get into an arguement concerning this. Go ahead and believe it is automatically the ACL. 

Cripes.

You're not getting it.  He badly wanted it to be the ACL.  It's what he's about.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The guy runs off at the mouth and because, if he thinks it, he believes he it is 100% true. I wasn’t even discounting it may have been an ACL issue but to say it is because he had on a brace is freaking hilarious!

Try tearing your ACL, MCL, lateral meniscus and a fractured tibia playing basketball. After a visit to Dr. Romanowski, a couple holes above the knee, a scar in front/back of knee and weeks of grueling PT and I was back doing my Uncle Drew.

10 hours ago, White Linen said:

You're not getting it.  He badly wanted it to be the ACL.  It's what he's about.  

You’re not getting it. This is a message board where people share their thoughts, ideas, and experiences. That is what It’s about. 

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You’re not getting it. This is a message board where people share their thoughts, ideas, and experiences. That is what It’s about. 

Lol, nope that was a pontification without authority, but stated as such. Thoughts... opinions leave room for doubt... he expressed non, only authority and used faulty logic... though he did share his experience.... it’s a witch.

4 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Lol, nope that was a pontification without authority, but stated as such. Thoughts... opinions leave room for doubt... he expressed non, only authority and used faulty logic... though he did share his experience.... it’s a witch.

the "he" you're referring to is the guy you just responded to.

17 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Why? They do the same thing about football all the time!

Good point.