Kyles knee...status update, walking without sleeve

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

ACL is usually what goes prior to MCL.

ACL-> MCL --> Medial meniscus in that order.

Maj may be fully correct that it's an ACL, but I was just saying that's not able to be guessed just from the brace.

Looking at the video it could be any of those 3, or all 3.

Sometimes you get lucky and it's just an MCL with that hit, let's hope.

Edited by SouthNYfan

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

False.

That brace is precautionary for almost all on the spot knee injuries where they feel there may be some internal damage.

I've seen it for a minor quad strain applied on the spot.

Kyle is a big dude, like really big.

It could also be related to MCL, LCL, meniscus, quad tendon, hamstring, all sorts of stuff.

It only immobilizes the knee so the muscles and supportive structures around the knee are not being relied on to keep it straight.

It may very well be an ACL, it could also be 50 other things.

So my experience has been false. Thanks for letting me know. Now I will go tell my Drs they were false when they put me that brace. 

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

That Brace he is leaving in tells me all i need to know. It is an ACL Injury 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So my experience has been false. Thanks for letting me know. Now I will go tell my Drs they were false when they put me that brace. 

No.

Your experience was not false.

You had that brace with your ACL injuries.

Your assertion that "it is an ACL injury" since you cannot say what injury he had based on the brace, as it is used for a multitude of knee injuries.

Try to read a little better next time.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

CRAZY.

I thought it was definitely an ACL injury maj.

I guess that brace telling you all you needed to know about it definitely being an ACL was spot on, huh?

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

That Brace he is leaving in tells me all i need to know. It is an ACL Injury 

Damn.

Thought it's all you needed to know.

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

False.

That brace is precautionary for almost all on the spot knee injuries where they feel there may be some internal damage.

I've seen it for a minor quad strain applied on the spot.

Kyle is a big dude, like really big.

It could also be related to MCL, LCL, meniscus, quad tendon, hamstring, all sorts of stuff.

It only immobilizes the knee so the muscles and supportive structures around the knee are not being relied on to keep it straight.

It may very well be an ACL, it could also be 50 other things.

Ha. Don’t try to explain, it’s not worth it. 

What you originally said was perfectly clear and absolutely correct. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Kyle is an all everything Bill and is impossible to criticize on a board like this...but our run defense has been so bad for so much of his career. A ton of variables in that time period, but he has been the constant. 

Kyle is a fan favorite, probably will be a wall of famer, all drought team, face of the Bills 2000’s..I bet with him out, we end up stopping the run better. Won’t be a popular opinion, won’t be agreed with, but we shall see. 

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

2 hours ago, Augie said:

You can’t kid us......But then you peed and went back to bed, right? 

Lol no.  I get up at 6 for work.  Decided to watch the vids on the bb app ?

30 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Kyle is an all everything Bill and is impossible to criticize on a board like this...but our run defense has been so bad for so much of his career. A ton of variables in that time period, but he has been the constant. 

Kyle is a fan favorite, probably will be a wall of famer, all drought team, face of the Bills 2000’s..I bet with him out, we end up stopping the run better. Won’t be a popular opinion, don’t be agreed with, but we shall see. 

Can’t really argue with that.  I think Phillips may be our best DT at the moment

13 hours ago, White Linen said:

As an Ortho PA

Looked like the trainer did just one test for a PCL or ACL and didnt feel the need to check it further. Could be wrong, but I’d bet he did not feel instability in either direction, and Kyle reassured him he felt ok. Likely a sprained ligament.

what area of Ortho are you in? My wife is an Ortho PA as well...hips and knees.