Kyles knee...status update, walking without sleeve

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sucks...I just got over a sprained knee.

You realize, of course, that we’d all rather you have another one than anything bad happen to Kyle. Come on, take one for the team! 

13 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Brace not necessarily indicative of ACL injury. It's to immobilize the joint, which is standard treatment for a bunch of non-torn ligament related injuries. Bone bruise, meniscus, strain, etc. I've torn both ACLs and didn't wear a brace like that either time. 

I did...I tore my ACL down to the bone...meniscus was tore as well.My injury also happened on a friday...I got carved and zippered up the following Tuesday at St.Joe's ( Suburban Orthopedics- Dr.Kahler).I was in a hard cast for 4 weeks before starting rehab/PT...this was in 1992.Obviously "things" are more advanced these days.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Kyle is an all everything Bill and is impossible to criticize on a board like this...but our run defense has been so bad for so much of his career. A ton of variables in that time period, but he has been the constant. 

Kyle is a fan favorite, probably will be a wall of famer, all drought team, face of the Bills 2000’s..I bet with him out, we end up stopping the run better. Won’t be a popular opinion, won’t be agreed with, but we shall see. 

I have always considered Kyle undersized for what he is often asked to do.  He is susceptible to being moved where he doesn't want to go.  

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What else are you going to do to the knee when it is immobilized torn ACL or not??

Not even going to get into an arguement concerning this. Go ahead and believe it is automatically the ACL. 

Cripes.

• Like (+1) 1

Well they cant IR him until after 53 cut down if they want to use the return designation on him. 

So if he Gets IRed before that he is done for the year. 

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Not even going to get into an arguement concerning this. Go ahead and believe it is automatically the ACL. 

Cripes.

I said “based on my experience”. So yes Drs will allow you to walk without crutches once knee is immobilized. Because there is no more futher damage that can be done, and up to your pain tolerance 

Cripes 

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah, and they are going to let him walk around without crutches if it is that bad.

I agree you can’t tell the injury by the brace, but if it’s a complete ACL tear, it’s kaput and there’s no need to protect it. My son tore his ACL and MCL in HS. His amazing PT examined his locked up leg at the first assessment. He only had a few degrees of motion (due to the initial PT sucking!). The new guy moved it the few degrees he still had, then, without warning, snapped it straight! I will NEVER forget that....I almost threw up and my son was lost between fear, pain...and punching him in the face!

The PT explained the MCL wasn’t damaged because it was a straight forward and back motion, and the ACL, well....just wasn’t anymore. He needed the mobility to begin therapy to get ready for surgery. He’d lost a freakish amount of quad strength in such a short period of time. Crazy stuff! (He was back in a HS hoops game 5 months after surgery - this guy was amazing!)  

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sucks...I just got over a sprained knee.

I told you not to try that move at your age.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

I did...I tore my ACL down to the bone...meniscus was tore as well.My injury also happened on a friday...I got carved and zippered up the following Tuesday at St.Joe's ( Suburban Orthopedics- Dr.Kahler).I was in a hard cast for 4 weeks before starting rehab/PT...this was in 1992.Obviously "things" are more advanced these days.

Shoulda been through it in '74. Hip to toe cast for, I believe 12 weeks.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, stuvian said:

why is a proven veteran like him even out there?

I’ll take a stab;

1) starters only played 1 qtr last week and the presumed lineup hasn’t been together on the field yet.(Murphy, Star, Kyle & ?)

2) The Defense has committed to a Rookie MLB who’s only hope of learning quickly enough not to be a liability is by meaningful reps with the guys he’ll actually play with.

3) the Intangible. Football players need to HIT to truly prep for a very long season of HITTING.

buwaddaiknow..

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ll take a stab;

1) starters only played 1 qtr last week and the presumed lineup hasn’t been together on the field yet.(Murphy, Star, Kyle & ?)

2) The Defense has committed to a Rookie MLB who’s only hope of learning quickly enough not to be a liability is by meaningful reps with the guys he’ll actually play with.

3) the Intangible. Football players need to HIT to truly prep for a very long season of HITTING.

buwaddaiknow..

but he's a vet.

he shouldn't even be practicing.

duh.

come on man.

get with the program.

/endsarcasm.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Well they cant IR him until after 53 cut down if they want to use the return designation on him. 

So if he Gets IRed before that he is done for the year. 

I said “based on my experience”. So yes Drs will allow you to walk without crutches once knee is immobilized. Because there is no more futher damage that can be done, and up to your pain tolerance 

Cripes 

You should really pay attention to things you've typed in the past.

18 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

That Brace he is leaving in tells me all i need to know. It is an ACL Injury 

It told you "all you need to know" that "IT IS AN ACL INJURY"

except it seems it isn't.

Which is exactly what I said earlier.

Nice try.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

You should really pay attention to things you've typed in the past.

It told you "all you need to know" that "IT IS AN ACL INJURY"

except it seems it isn't.

Which is exactly what I said earlier.

Nice try.

The guy runs off at the mouth and because, if he thinks it, he believes he it is 100% true. I wasn’t even discounting it may have been an ACL issue but to say it is because he had on a brace is freaking hilarious!

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I agree you can’t tell the injury by the brace, but if it’s a complete ACL tear, it’s kaput and there’s no need to protect it. My son tore his ACL and MCL in HS. His amazing PT examined his locked up leg at the first assessment. He only had a few degrees of motion (due to the initial PT sucking!). The new guy moved it the few degrees he still had, then, without warning, snapped it straight! I will NEVER forget that....I almost threw up and my son was lost between fear, pain...and punching him in the face!

The PT explained the MCL wasn’t damaged because it was a straight forward and back motion, and the ACL, well....just wasn’t anymore. He needed the mobility to begin therapy to get ready for surgery. He’d lost a freakish amount of quad strength in such a short period of time. Crazy stuff! (He was back in a HS hoops game 5 months after surgery - this guy was amazing!)  

I know ACL injuries. I had mine shredded in 1987 and opted to not have reconstructive surgery on it. I was 19 at the time.

Simce then, not one issue except minor arthritis when it gets humid. Of course, I am no longer a cut and plant athlete but, to this day, remain very active.

• Like (+1) 2