Kyles knee...status update, walking without sleeve

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:
Tim Graham (@ByTimGraham)
Bills DT Kyle Williams just left the locker room with his right leg in a full-length brace.

Yep same immobilizing brace I wore with my torn ACLs. 

When I tore my ACL I had the brace and crutches.

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That Brace he is leaving in tells me all i need to know. It is an ACL Injury 

The meniscus is possibility as well.

6 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

When I tore my ACL I had the brace and crutches.

The meniscus is possibility as well.

See I didnt need crutches with the tear itself. Only when I had more than the ACL is when I needed crutches. Well that an after surgery 

6 hours ago, White Linen said:

There's no other fan on this site that loves bad news more than you.  

Where did I say I love anything. Guess you have been missing my posts lately. Just sharing my experience. 

5 hours ago, Logic said:

As an Ortho PA

Looked like the trainer did just one test for a PCL or ACL and didnt feel the need to check it further. Could be wrong, but I’d bet he did not feel instability in either direction, and Kyle reassured him he felt ok. Likely a sprained ligament.

• Thank you (+1) 4

Brace not necessarily indicative of ACL injury. It's to immobilize the joint, which is standard treatment for a bunch of non-torn ligament related injuries. Bone bruise, meniscus, strain, etc. I've torn both ACLs and didn't wear a brace like that either time. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So dont worry then Linen and logic wont come after you for sharing your experience because you say what they want to hear. 

Not saying it's not an ACL. Could definitely be. The reason I'm optimistic is that I doubt they would have him walking on it if there was risk of a full or partial tear, even w/the brace. He'd be on crutches imo.

6 hours ago, White Linen said:

As an Ortho PA

Looked like the trainer did just one test for a PCL or ACL and didnt feel the need to check it further. Could be wrong, but I’d bet he did not feel instability in either direction, and Kyle reassured him he felt ok. Likely a sprained ligament.

Great post 

10 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

That Brace he is leaving in tells me all i need to know. It is an ACL Injury 

False.

That brace is precautionary for almost all on the spot knee injuries where they feel there may be some internal damage.

I've seen it for a minor quad strain applied on the spot.

Kyle is a big dude, like really big.

It could also be related to MCL, LCL, meniscus, quad tendon, hamstring, all sorts of stuff.

It only immobilizes the knee so the muscles and supportive structures around the knee are not being relied on to keep it straight.

It may very well be an ACL, it could also be 50 other things.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Woke up at 5am just so I could find out news on this injury.  We’re not out of the woods yet, but there’s still hope!??

You can’t kid us......But then you peed and went back to bed, right? 

• Haha (+1) 1