Tuhrod Taylor

boyst

42 minutes ago, peterpan said:

That's nothing, remeber when Demetrius Bell,  spelled-his-own-name-wrong his entire life?? Now that was something!!!

I must have forgotten that.  Per Google:

"Bell, who spelled his first name "Demetrius" until 2012, when he learned his name was actually spelled "Demetress", was born in 1984 to Gloria Bell, then aged 13, of Summerfield, Louisiana".

His mom was 13?!?!?!  His Dad was Karl Malone, right?  How old was he?

Edited by PIZ

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I must have forgotten that.  Per Google:

"Bell, who spelled his first name "Demetrius" until 2012, when he learned his name was actually spelled "Demetress", was born in 1984 to Gloria Bell, then aged 13, of Summerfield, Louisiana".

His mom was 13?!?!?!  His Dad was Karl Malobd, right?  How old was he?

He was Travis Henry years old.

Kidding, he was 21. No lie.

4 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

War winning

That's a bit of a stretch, especially since ~80% of all German casualties occurred on the Eastern Front. 

"The Eastern Front was decisive in determining the outcome in the European theater of operations in World War II, eventually serving as the main reason for the defeat of Nazi Germany and the Axis nations."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Front_(World_War_II)

Although the weapon certainly helped play a part in the ridiculous K/D ratios seen in the Pacific Theater.  

Edited by Capco

7 hours ago, peterpan said:

That's nothing, remeber when Demetrius Bell,  spelled-his-own-name-wrong his entire life?? Now that was something!!!

I knew a guy who spelled his name wrong well into his 30s.

His parents weren't married. 

When he was born his mother spelled his name one way on the birth certificate

He went to live with his father who spelled the name another way and this was the spelling that he learned and used.

Then one day he was going thru a background investigation that questioned why his birth certificate had one name but he used another

I remember Rich Eisen saying that was the correct pronunciation of it 3 years ago. I just figured Tyrod never corrected anybody because it was a losing battle. 

Why would anybody name their kid after an auto part?

2 hours ago, Capco said:

That's a bit of a stretch, especially since ~80% of all German casualties occurred on the Eastern Front. 

"The Eastern Front was decisive in determining the outcome in the European theater of operations in World War II, eventually serving as the main reason for the defeat of Nazi Germany and the Axis nations."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Front_(World_War_II)

Although the weapon certainly helped play a part in the ridiculous K/D ratios seen in the Pacific Theater.  

Geez.  Seriously?  He said two words as a generalization and you respond like this in a football thread?  You might be correct, but, seriously?

10 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Good gun

Damn fine weapon.  I've only fired two, maybe like 20 rounds total, but I'm head-over-heels in love with this rifle.  Very big and old-school (obviously), but friggin' sweet no doubt.

I never knew that about Mr. Garand though.  Thanks for that tidbit.

Back to the OP though, I think this is just more proof that, no matter how you're supposed to pronounce his name, Mr. Taylor is a very polite person who seems to have been raised by parents who instilled good manners and values into him.  Football field action aside, I have nothing but total respect for him as a person and as a man.  He is a class act.  Such a contrast to Mike Vick.

Edited by Mr Beavers