What are you watching for tonight?

Virgil

I have to say, this is the most I've looked forward to a preseason game in a long time.  I really like a lot of the guys on the Browns and it's hard to not root for a fellow perennial loser.  With that being said, what are you all looking for tonight?

1. Allen with the 2nd team - This is probably first for most of us.  McCarron looked pretty good with the 2nd's and I hope to see Allen do as well.  If not, then okay, but I can hope.  I really want to see him hit on a deep ball and make some good reads.
  2. Starting defensive front 4 get some pressure.  Our front 4 only played one series in the last game and are expected to play more.  McD doesn't like to blitz in the regular season so I want to see these guys get some push
  3. Center Competition - I really want the starting front 5 to be solidified so they have more time to gel.  We need to be solid in our rushing attack.
  4. McCarron with the 1's - Peterman looked great last week and I want to see more of the same from McCarron.  Our entire offense is a big question mark going into the season and I want to build on the confidence in knowing that we aren't completely lost
  5. Daboll - Passing offense looked good last week and want to see that continue.  Like how they spread the field and got the ball out quick.  
  6. TT and the Browns - I'm always going to support TT and am glad this is only a preseason game.  I also had Mayfield as my top rookie QB, so I'm curious to see him and Allen on the same field.
  7. Coleman/Zay - Hopefully these guys are able to get some rust off and show something on the field.  Benjamin showed why he's the number one.  If either of these guys can step up, I'm going to feel a lot better about this upcoming season.
  8. RB Depth - I'm hoping to see more guys contribute in this game because I don't like us resting our bets on a 30 year old RB, no matter how great he's been.  
  • Like (+1) 1

AJM with the 1s (does he hold the ball too long, does he throw WRs and TEs open?), Allen with the 2s, How does Peterman look with a less talented unit?

O-line - good to see not one, but two solid units, can this be repeated? Can the first line get a better run block push?

Who steps up at WR this game? Ray Ray and KB impressed last week. Do Coleman or Zay Jones step up and make an impact?

Can Lawson put together another solid game?

Who steps up in the Secondary after the starters? Especially at CB. Depth here is a concern.

Can Edmunds improve this game? I want to see an impact play or two from him.

Can Marcus Murphy continue to put pressure on the other RBs fighting for the #3 RB?

Can Daboll keep calling terrific game pans for each QB and unit?

Do Star L and Horrible Harry prevent opponent QBs from stepping up in the pocket?

Who steps up among Lee, Croom etc at TE? Both had big plays last week.

Edited by RocCityRoller

20 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You pretty much covered it. I’ll add more of an impact by Tremaine Edmunds and 

NO SIGNIFICANT INJURIES!

I knew I was forgetting something.  

Yes, I’m definitely looking for a glimpse from this kid. Looked a little lost last week. 

Thank you 

i'm looking for edge mike love. he really caught my attention last week.....and who knows if trent will ever pan out. i would hope he comes in game one and skins flacco, but i'm starting to get p'o.d that he can't even get through a full practice.  i'm sure he's not a puss, but that seems to be the first word that comes to mind. that being said we may need someone to shaq.

also anxious to see coleman and also foster redeem himself.

Edited by billsredneck1

4 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

AJM with the 1s (does he hold the ball too long, does he throw WRs and TEs open?), Allen with the 2s, How does Peterman look with a less talented unit?

AJM held the ball and had no help from the #1 OL unit or WRs. Broken Collar Bone... horrible break. Allen looked good with a mix of 1's and 2's. Peterman was still solid. Had 

another pick dropped. Peterman makes me nervous. Allen shined. 3 drives, three scores. Tough break for AJM. Peterman still quick with the passes, but lacks arm strength for 

out passes.

O-line - good to see not one, but two solid units, can this be repeated? Can the first line get a better run block push?

First unit O-line was terrible. Outside of Dawkins, terrible. Got AJM injured, no holes for the running game. Terrible. The second string players, notably Groy, Teller and Ike B    

shined again. Maybe time for a reshuffle? Dawkins-Teller-Groy-Miller-Ike B? Why not try it?

Who steps up at WR this game? Ray Ray and KB impressed last week. Do Coleman or Zay Jones step up and make an impact?

Nick O'leary. I know he has haters, but all he does is make plays. He is a football player. Streater had some nice catches, and Proehl looked good with Peterman. Had a Coleman

and Zay sighting. KB looked bad. Thomas looked pretty bad. Lee made more plays. Lee is TE3 as of now. Ray Ray disappeared. Foster is as good as gone.

Can Lawson put together another solid game?

Whole starting D-line was bad. Bad break on KW. Terrible night.

Who steps up in the Secondary after the starters? Especially at CB. Depth here is a concern.

Not tested much, but T Johnson and L Wallace at least showed a nose for the ball and willingness to mix it up.  + game for both

Can Edmunds improve this game? I want to see an impact play or two from him.

Worried after the first drive. Then something happened. He played lights out from that drive on, flashing sideline to sideline ability and making tackles or assisting.

Can Marcus Murphy continue to put pressure on the other RBs fighting for the #3 RB?

Yes he did. Showed up in the return game and as RB. Still the best RB in the preseason. The other RBs are now officially on notice IMO. Short memory, but Murphy looked aok 

last year when the 'bullets were flying'

Can Daboll keep calling terrific game pans for each QB and unit?

No, this was a failure. He did not game plan well for AJM. He did ok for Josh Allen. No deep passes, but maybe he and the staff wanted to see Josh Allen complete shorter

passes. With Peterman they called on him to complete an out, which was almost picked. Then Settled in. C+ or B- here.

Do Star L and Horrible Harry prevent opponent QBs from stepping up in the pocket?

The 1st string D-line was terrible. Later plays when KW ws out showed HHP was still ok. Had a tackle that could have been a sack. Horrible Harry Phillips is a player. Star looked

awful against the run and pass. At least do one well.

Who steps up among Lee, Croom etc at TE? Both had big plays last week.

Lee continued to impress, Croom not so much and then it got bad with his injuy (PS perhaps?) Nick O'Leary TBD favorite new whipping boy showed out late in the game. All he

does is make plays. + Lee, ++ O'leary. - Thomas. INJ Croom.

That's what I saw.

• Like (+1) 1