Bills @ Browns Gameday thread

6 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

The assumptions of O'Leary's early demise were premature. All this guy does is make big plays for Buffalo.

Clay (what has he done in pre-season?) O'Leary and it looks like Lee aren't world beaters, but are solid. Logan Thomas has been a terrific blocker. Maybe they go 4 TE. I feel bad for Croom. Is Croom eligible for the PS?

I'd like to see what Clay and O'Leary can do with Allen. Lee and Allen are developing mojo already.

I agree, O'Leary has been solid when called upon.  He's not spectacular, but he makes the plays he needs to.  Clay is decent and will be on the roster this year, but we probably need to keep at least three TEs since Clay isn't the most durable player.  Always seems to be nicked up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Kmart128 said:

He played pretty freaking well in place of Clay last year for a late round draft pick in his sophmore year. And he produces pretty well for a backup TE. Nothing crazy but very solid and catches passes when it matters most.

Last year is last year. This is a new offense under Daboll with TEs playing a much more prominent role.  Daboll previously coached TEs with NE so it's a new day. 

6 minutes ago, MPT said:

If we could save money by cutting Clay I'd be perfectly happy adding Croom in there. Clay can't stay healthy and has a tendency to drop touchdown passes. Unfortunately I don't think we can get out of Clay's contract. 

Not to mention Clay is the first TE in Bills history with more than 500+ Yds receiving 3 years in a row. Pretty good considering his last QB couldn't hit passes over the middle.

I like having a veteran TE to help a young QB. Clay is no Kelce or Gronk, but he is a solid Tier 2A or 2B TE.

Edited by RocCityRoller

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Peterman’s having a tough time with these threes. Goes to show how well Allen did in the first game. 

Allen did even better with the twos. Starting to think we actually have a qb battle now. 

This QB competition should be over. Allen needs to make the start next week and if he is average or better needs to be named the starter for the opener. With the injury to McCarron, this decision should be even easier on McBeane than before.