Bills @ Browns Gameday thread

Just now, suorangefan4 said:

Peterman 4/6 for 78 yards and 1 TD.

You'd think he's 2/10 for 6 yards with the way people are trashing him in here.

I'm telling you he's winning the starting job as of now. He's been the best qb through 2 games. 

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Nick "on the bubble" O'Leary

The assumptions of O'Leary's early demise were premature. All this guy does is make big plays for Buffalo.

Clay (what has he done in pre-season?) O'Leary and it looks like Lee aren't world beaters, but are solid. Logan Thomas has been a terrific blocker. Maybe they go 4 TE. I feel bad for Croom. Is Croom eligible for the PS?

I'd like to see what Clay and O'Leary can do with Allen. Lee and Allen are developing mojo already.

Still think Peterman starts. Mcd and Beane have said multiple times they aren't entertaining the idea of starting a rookie QB just for the hell of it. 

Only reason Peterman was #3 today was to asses the other 2 QB's, he is still ahead of Allen in terms of learning the playbook. And I do not want to see another Bills rookie QB lose his confidence by the 3rd or 4th game of his career.

If you haven't noticed our starting oline is abysmal and was eaten alive by the Browns starting Defense

Edited by Yeezus

Just now, Yeezus said:

What do you mean by this? The other top picked rookies have played just as good tbh

Rosen has looked very solid with the Cards and Darnold is picking up the playbook faster than any of them. I think its been fairly even tbh

What I mean is when I watch Darnold I see a guy who dinks and dunks down the field.  Rosen, and I didn't watch tonight, looked like the guy I saw in college, slow in the pocket, game manager.

Neither seems to have the tools Allen does.  Allen looks special.  Now, it's two games into the preseason so who knows.  Just happier than I thought I'd be with Allen.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

O'Leary just makes plays

I have taken a "Shining" to him in his time here. Let's hope that he's not one of "The Departed " at the end of camp. Those are, of course, references to his grandfather the famous actor. ?

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

What I mean is when I watch Darnold I see a guy who dinks and dunks down the field.  Rosen, and I didn't watch tonight, looked like the guy I saw in college, slow in the pocket, game manager.

Neither seems to have the tools Allen does.  Allen looks special.  Now, it's two games into the preseason so who knows.  Just happier than I thought I'd be with Allen.

Darnold and Rosen also both can hit the short passes Allen has trouble with so it evens out at the end. all of them have their flaws 

1 minute ago, Yeezus said:

Still think Peterman starts. Mcd and Beane have said multiple times they aren't entertaining the idea of starting a rookie QB just for the hell of it. 

Only reason Peterman was #3 today was to asses the other 2 QB's. 

Yeah, it's not like they'd put in a 5th round rookie in the middle of a playoff drive or anything. Just isn't in their character.