McCarron starts preseason game 2

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I think Peterman has the lead in the qb competition. I think the coaching staff wants to see how he does with the 3's in a live game. Allen Imo is still total evaluation. I think they wanna see if he can make a jump from last week with better players in front of him

if peterman is really going to be that good, he should be able to abuse their third (and beyond) stringers. and while i want to see team success for the Bills, i can't help but admit that i have the Allen Fever!

1 minute ago, Fixxxer said:

What about Captain Cam Phillips? Is he playing tonight?  I think the young movement at WR won't have much room on the roster, they will need to shine moving forwards to beat Holmes, Kerley and Streater. 

I fear Murphy will never play a down for us, I hope I'm wrong. 

practice squad?

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

These analysts and their weird obsession with Tyrod Taylor.  

I really don’t want to root against him but they are making it so hard. 

Tuh-Rod Bingo:

“takes care of the football” 

“Led Bills to the playoffs”

“Finally has weapons”

”was handcuffed by his coaches”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

As expected. Mccarron ran with the 1’s all week. 

Itll be Mccarron, Allen, Peterman tonight.

I don’t fully agree with peterman running with the 3’s, since I thought he played excellent last week and did nothing to lose ground in the QB competition.

But I get it. They know what he can do and want to see Allen with some decent talent around him to properly evaluate where he’s at. 

Next week will be much more telling IMO because it’ll likely be our regular season starter with the 1’s.

I still think it’s AJ or Nate. AJ can probably seal it tonight.

I said last week when Nate got the start in front of AJ (who had been running with the 1’s for a few days in a row at the time) so they could start AJ 2 weeks in a row (since week 3 is usually a regular season dress rehearsal) to help him build chemistry with the 1st team offense. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tuh-Rod Bingo:

“takes care of the football” 

“Led Bills to the playoffs”

“Finally has weapons”

”was handcuffed by his coaches”

I guess they forgot to watch all 3 seasons of him with the bills. He also had Benjamin against the saints last year when he threw for 57 yards. 

40 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You would assume the winner of the competition is going to start game 3. 

I am not sure this QB competition will be over by the 3rd preseason game, it could be after the 4th game before they decide.  They may want each guy to start one game before they decide.  Normally you would think by 3rd game, but most often the competition is between 2 guys...if Allen plays well tonight, they may want to let him start 1 game before they decide.  

But I still think AJM is the leading candidate.

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am not sure this QB competition will be over by the 3rd preseason game, it could be after the 4th game before they decide.  They may want each guy to start one game before they decide.  Normally you would think by 3rd game, but most often the competition is between 2 guys...if Allen plays well tonight, they may want to let him start 1 game before they decide.  

I think the job is AJM’s to lose. Unless Allen goes off tonight, I imagine it will be AJM getting the start in game 3. I think the plan is for Allen to sit for a little while and he would have to play well enough to make them reconsider.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

I think the job is AJM’s to lose. Unless Allen goes off tonight, I imagine it will be AJM getting the start in game 3. I think the plan is for Allen to sit for a little while and he would have to play well enough to make them reconsider.

Agreed, this is my feeling too.  But, if Allen has a great showing then I think the chance of him starting next game becomes a real possibility.  

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

i'm losing faith in ajm. he's too damn hesitant. if you're 3rd and long and the play breaks down why rush for 2. throw it away. late in the game that crap eats up clock and they should be thinking about that now in these pre season games.

1 hour ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

No chance that happens unless Allen is starting week one.  

LOL at no chance. He has a very good chance to start game 3. Where in the world do some of you get that he has no chance to start game 3? I just don't understand but whatever floats your boat I guess.