Do you trust the process?

Do you trust the process?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do You trust the process?

The way I've been given to understand it is that "the process" is just a way of going about your daily business.  You study hard, you practice hard, you eat right, etc etc.  The process isn't the way that they draft players or their strategy regarding free agents, it's just working hard daily and becoming a better coach or player. 

So do I trust the process?  In other words, do I trust that working hard will lead to better results?  Yes.  I do.

• Like (+1) 3

Important to look at the long game when making the type of shift they’re making in this organization. Last year was ahead of schedule and that is good. This year will be fun regardless, but next year the rubber should hit the road. 

Yes, I trust this coaching and management team to deliver on their process. 

• Like (+1) 3

I do trust the process.  McDermott (and beane) seem like stand-up guys who respect the athletes and will command a reciprocal respect (without treating players like children/property).  IMO, that is a powerful engine.  You need some leaders, a QB, and wisely spend cap-money and the team will be on the up for years.

This might be a down year though.... but I wouldnt count them out.  I believe McDermott is great at motivating players and the defense might be good enough to carry them close to the .500 mark, plus a little luck and it wont be a bad season.  If Allen pans out and with that cap money and a good draft.  2019 and beyond is the target as New England degrades.

Trust it in terms of what? This seasons w/l record? Long term success?

Now, is McDermott going to be better than Rex? Absolutely but that is a low bar indeed.

Also, if you have to shamelessly copy another coach, it might as well be Nick Saban. I would say that McDermott has a pretty decent shot at success based on this alone.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Although I am anticipating a bit of regression in 2018 (I think this is a 6-10 team) I think the long term process is very much in place and the team is setting themselves up for massive success in 2019 and beyond. 2019 will bring a windfall of capspace to a team that has a good defense in place, a long term plan at QB, a young quality LT and some other pieces along the offense. 

The Bills will have 59 million in cap space but they should be able to roll over 10 million in cap space from 2018 bumping up that number to 69 million. But the Bills should also have plenty of big salaries that they can dump if the players are under performing. Jerry Hughes, Shady, Charles Clay, Trent Murphy, Chris Ivory, Vlad, Andre Holmes, Bodine and DiMarco could all be released to free up an additional 32 million in cap space while only eating 12 million in dead cap. 

Now obviously not all of those players will be released but simply releasing Ivory, Holmes, Vlad, DiMarco and Bodine would free up 10 million in cap and I do suspect one or two out of Hughes, Shady, Clay and Murphy will either be released or have a contract restructured. 

So the Bills should have between 70-95 million in cap space headed into 2019 with a full complement of draft picks. Although cap space isn't a panacea and the Bills will have to resign some of their own talent but the Bills should have enough space even after taking care of their own (Benjamin is the only player in 2019 they have to immediately resign.) So the Bills could easily use their cap space to sign 2-3 starters and retain Benjamin if he has a strong season while still keeping longer term roster flexibility. Plus they have the draft. to supplement the roster. 

TLDR Although 2018 might see some regression the Bills have a good plan and philsophy in place. 

3 hours ago, wppete said:

giphy.gif

"Rob saved me a seat at Golden Corral!"

As for the current attitude and maturity of the organization, I have great hopes and expectations.  A refreshing change from the buffoons previously in charge.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Damned Ryan GIF distracted my initial thought.
  • Like (+1) 2

i trust the process. but the variables are huge. hoping we have the right OC and QB in place. i think the defense will be plenty good enough. special teams should be fine. in this game, it's all about that offense and getting just enough support from coaching, defense, special teams, and luck.

I put yes, so far. No reason at the moment to think otherwise.

IMO they are going about it all the right way. Getting the team to a good position with the cap while adding some solid players. The build isn't finished but it's progressing.

My big thing for them would be if Allen doesn't turn out. If the rest of the team is going well I don't think it's a reason to run them out of town, but I'd rather see them have another shot at QB rather than beating a dead horse trying to save face.

Edited by downunderbill
Spelling