Patriots rookie OL Isaiah Wynn suffers torn Achilles

wppete

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That he remains at the top of his game was on full display last night.   No depreciation of his skills or hitting the wall should be expected this season. 

...yup...and how many years running has he been put "six feet under" or subject to "stick a fork in 'em....he's done".......SOB is like John Cameron Swayze's 'ol Timex...."just keep tickin' (have to Google Swayze youngins')....

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That he remains at the top of his game was on full display last night.   No depreciation of his skills or hitting the wall should be expected this season. 

Yeah, I saw that too. I mean, not even a half step slower. So frustrating having to deal with that mofo for 15yrs. 

They will slow down this season if he gets injured. Otherwise, it's just not going to happen. 

Brady hasn’t practiced much and the Pats have had the easiest camp since B.B. took over. That’s according to a lot of the local media. 

No hitting the wall should be expected for this season? It’s August, let’s see how he is playing in November and December with the wear and tear of another season. Pats won’t be in the AFCG this year.

11 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Yeah, I saw that too. I mean, not even a half step slower. So frustrating having to deal with that mofo for 15yrs. 

They will slow down this season if he gets injured. Otherwise, it's just not going to happen. 

They'll be toast if he misses any significant time. 

Been saying it for the past 3 years now. Combine needs moved up to early Feb, Draft moved up to early April.

College athletes need an additional month off after combine/draft to recover, relax, treat bumps and bruises prior to Rookie OTAs.

These kids go basically 2 years straight from final year in college to end of Rookie season with no break.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

The kid is a very good player. I feel sorry for him.

Is this the injury that ruined Bryce Paup's career?

I thought Paup’s injury was hamstring related. Could be wrong though. 

1 hour ago, Big C said:

I feel the same.

I wonder if it has to do with players being larger/heavier and faster?  Maybe footwear can be blamed?  

I know in the running world, there is a growing belief that foot/overuse injuries have grown a lot due to the amount of padding/cushion in running shoes.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

need to jam the WR's.  It's all timing.  If he can't get the ball out quickly, he can look pedestrian (or simply above-average).