Trent Murphy - Should we be worried?

wppete

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...good call 'Dawg about the Shaq kid......surprised Murphy's PED hiccup fit "the process"....interesting.............

Yeah, he's had a strong camp and a really strong first preseason game...but Shaq has to keep going, has to show he doesnt just "flash" potential but can start bringing it week in and week out.  I was a big fan of the Murphy signing, still am, but the unexpected side affect may have been a massive wake up call to Shaq who seems to have realized what kind of work he needs to put him off the field in his diet, preparedness, etc to be consistent on it.  And so far, it seems its working and the staff is taking notice.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

How can you possibly be so negative????  McDermott and Beane don't make mistakes.

...good Lord...look who's here...."paging ScottLaw...."......where there's Abbott, Costello is soon to follow....stay tuned................

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...good Lord...look who's here...."paging ScottLaw...."......where there's Abbott, Costello is soon to follow....stay tuned................

Don't much like your double standard being pointed out, do you?

40 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes there is cause for concern to be missing so much time with a nagging injury and his injury history.  Worse yet, groin injuries can linger and easily reaggrivated if not fully recovered.

However, Shaq has been the silver lining.  He has made the most of the opportunity and coming on strong, so while I am still excited about Murphy’s potential, I am not too worried as I am really liking what I am seeing from Shaq right now and looking forward to see what a motivated and better prepared Shaq can keep doing out there.  In fact, would be great if Shaq won the job and we can bring Murphy off the bench to help mitigate his injury risk.

Why is Shaq a "silver lining" in this case?  Are you implying that Shaq wouldn't start playing betters if Murphy had stayed healthy?  Signing a FA DE who can stay on the field with Lawson playing better would constitute a true "silver lining".

11 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Why is Shaq a "silver lining" in this case?  Are you implying that Shaq wouldn't start playing betters if Murphy had stayed healthy?  Signing a FA DE who can stay on the field with Lawson playing better would constitute a true "silver lining".

Silver Lining in the terms that it gave Shaq the opportunity to play with the 1's where as he was behind Murphy heading into camp.  So now we have a guy who was in danger of being cut or traded, and now has taken the opportunity to show he can make an impact as a starter and is not only looking strong to stay on this team, but potentially win the starting job outright.  

Having Shaq win the job and still have a talent like Murphy coming in with fresh legs to get after the QB would be a better situation for us than just having Murphy and no Shaq on the team.  I don't know Shaq finds a way to impress as much without the Murphy injury as their are only so many reps in camp.  

• Like (+1) 1

Who is backing Shaq at LDE with Murphy out.  Has it been Fede or someone else?

Yarbrough is backing Hughes right?

Edit:  I just checked depth chart and it is Fede along with Love.

If this Murphy thing goes on longer one of those two could become important.

Edited by ColoradoBills

Too many people forget how vets played the PRESEASON under Levy.    August was for draft picks and second-teamers.   September was for the pros.

I expect our FA acquisitions to be ready for the Ravens game as well...

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m not worried about -or even thinking about his crotch.

But I’m damn worried he’s as unproductive as Lazy Lutelilie!

You need to be patient. I was told on this very board that Star would transform our defense. And please do not mention how overpaid he is.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m not worried about -or even thinking about his crotch.

But I’m damn worried he’s as unproductive as Lazy Lutelilie!

You’re worried about a DT being lazy in preseason but not worried about the only pass rush upgrade we added this offseason to a defense that was terrible rushing the passer?  Dude hasn’t played in a year and used PEDS.  If you’re not worried, you should be.....unless of course you don’t give a **** about the Bills success, just their salary cap holds going forward. 

Murphy playing and playing well will be VERY important to this defense improving.  I’m worried about star as well.....but lazy play in a preseason game < injury plagued player imo.

Edited by NewEra

On 8/17/2018 at 10:19 AM, wppete said:

We really haven't seen anything from Trent Murphy in Camp or in the first preseason game. He is coming off a very bad knee injury and a PED suspension. Now it seems like he has a groin issue that is keeping him off the field. Should we start to be concerned if we don't see him in the pre season games? Should Bean seriously look into trying to get Khalil Mack if possible? 

Beanie should look into acquiring Mack regardless of what is going on with Murphy.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/17/2018 at 11:55 AM, LABillzFan said:

No. You must declare now! Before you know. That way, on the incredibly easy chance that you were correct in predicting a particular failure in the NFL, you can be one of the first to tell everyone "I told you so," and there is no greater thing you can do on a sports team message board than declare to everyone "I told you so."

Seriously. Nothing better.

Okay. A fried bologna sandwich is better. But then saying "I told you so."

did you toast the bread or just butter it Old School stylee ?
good post ! and thanks for the laugh out loud

On 8/17/2018 at 12:38 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This would be a nice turn of events. Murphy was really fired up to come and play with the Bills. I hope his body lets him be a contributor to the team.

yes to both !

On 8/17/2018 at 2:21 PM, SoTier said:

Not what the phrase means actually. Silver lining resides inside a dark cloud. fact.
so you find the blessing within the sadness.

I hope murphy can pass rush. i like the guy actually. Lawson can play 1-2 and run ? that is fine by me

But if Lawson can stay on his trend ? I am happy about that for sure.