Trent Murphy - Should we be worried?

wppete

On 8/17/2018 at 10:19 AM, wppete said:

We really haven't seen anything from Trent Murphy in Camp or in the first preseason game. He is coming off a very bad knee injury and a PED suspension. Now it seems like he has a groin issue that is keeping him off the field. Should we start to be concerned if we don't see him in the pre season games? Should Bean seriously look into trying to get Khalil Mack if possible? 

If Trent !@#$ing Murphy’s health is the reason Beane isn’t considering Khalil Mack, I’d fire him.

12 hours ago, Lurker said:

Too many people forget how vets played the PRESEASON under Levy.    August was for draft picks and second-teamers.   September was for the pros.

I expect our FA acquisitions to be ready for the Ravens game as well...

There's a slight difference between a team that backed into the playoffs with 9 wins and lots of luck after missing them for 17 years, and a team that dominated its division and conference for most of a decade.

7 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

If Trent !@#$ing Murphy’s health is the reason Beane isn’t considering Khalil Mack, I’d fire him.

Bean has to consider the salary. Just at DE we have some pretty big salaries and also having Mack’s salary wouldn’t work.

We would have to trade Jerry hughes get his big salary off the books. Shaq is not cheap either as a first round pick and Murphy is not tradable now with his injuries and he has a $10million salary. 

Trade Hughes and Shaq and a 2nd round pick for Mack and this works. But Murphy has to

be healthy or Mack trade might not be possible if he would be available for trade. 

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Who says that he isn’t

As fans we have no idea what Beanie is doing. I was just saying I hope he is at least inquiring about Mack. I wouldn't give up 2 1st rd picks for him but I would give up a 1st and a 4th. He is still young and is a top 3 player at a key position and he seems to want to play for Buffalo.

20 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

As fans we have no idea what Beanie is doing. I was just saying I hope he is at least inquiring about Mack. I wouldn't give up 2 1st rd picks for him but I would give up a 1st and a 4th. He is still young and is a top 3 player at a key position and he seems to want to play for Buffalo.

Would love to have Mack on the team

This year would have to give up both high draft picks and compensation

On 8/17/2018 at 8:39 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Trent Murphy signed a 3 year, $22,500,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $5,250,000 signing bonus, $10,375,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,500,000. In 2018, Murphy will earn a base salary of $2,625,000, a signing bonus of $5,250,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,475,000 and a dead cap value of $7,975,000.

They should’ve had an injury-based incentive bonus

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/20/2018 at 8:31 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

His agents wouldn’t agree to that. 

People say this all the time as if players have no other options and just accept what ever they are offered. "We will pay you $1 and then $14,999,999 if you are healthy and good. Accept?"

Edited by GunnerBill

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Its pre season.....if this continues to the regular season I will be worried.

Groins are tricky things.....Robert Woods had this much of the time he was with us

But he has tried a comeback already that lasted less than one session. There is a very real risk he doesn't play this year.