Trent Murphy - Should we be worried?

wppete

We really haven't seen anything from Trent Murphy in Camp or in the first preseason game. He is coming off a very bad knee injury and a PED suspension. Now it seems like he has a groin issue that is keeping him off the field. Should we start to be concerned if we don't see him in the pre season games? Should Bean seriously look into trying to get Khalil Mack if possible? 

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

We really haven't seen anything from Trent Murphy in Camp or in the first preseason game. He is coming off a very bad knee injury and a PED suspension. Now it seems like he has a groin issue that is keeping him off the field. Should we start to be concerned if we don't see him in the pre season games? Should Bean seriously look into trying to get Khalil Mack if possible? 

...Mack and/or Donald if, IF on the market will command Von Miller++ type money.......and my hunch is that McBeane would not pull the trigger on those type of numbers.....maybe it's just me, but McBeane seems to take gambles on guys coming off injuries like Murphy, Davis, etc......hope it works out...

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yes!  We should be horribly worried.  Terrible FA signing, IMO.

It’s starting to look that way. 15 sacks in 3 seasons, coming off a major injury and PED suspension. Complete overpay.  And I love Stanford players too.

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes we should be very worried. I dont know how much guaranteed money we gave him but this might go down as one of the worst FA signing of al time.  If he never plays a down I wont at all be shocked.

Trent Murphy signed a 3 year, $22,500,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $5,250,000 signing bonus, $10,375,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,500,000. In 2018, Murphy will earn a base salary of $2,625,000, a signing bonus of $5,250,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,475,000 and a dead cap value of $7,975,000.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Trent Murphy signed a 3 year, $22,500,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $5,250,000 signing bonus, $10,375,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,500,000. In 2018, Murphy will earn a base salary of $2,625,000, a signing bonus of $5,250,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,475,000 and a dead cap value of $7,975,000.

Thanks, not as bad as I thought.

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes we should be very worried. I dont know how much guaranteed money we gave him but this might go down as one of the worst FA signing of al time.  If he never plays a down I wont at all be shocked.

It's okay to wait for the regular season before suggesting that someone might be on the of the worst FA signings of all time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Mack and/or Donald if, IF on the market will command Von Miller++ type money.......and my hunch is that McBeane would not pull the trigger on those type of numbers.....maybe it's just me, but McBeane seems to take gambles on guys coming off injuries like Murphy, Davis, etc......hope it works out...

Guess we'll have to wait and see

• Like (+1) 1