Pats cut TD Mike Gillislee per CBS Sports

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I think that they cut him. Gilly has size and with all of Dabol’s shifting H back is such an easy transition too.

^^^^^

Gillislee and DiMarco are not comparable in size. DiMarco is 2 inches taller and plays 15-20 pounds heavier than Mike.

Edited by JoPar_v2

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What dumbass thought up this thread.  Gilisslee is a lock for the PAts.  Why not start a thread asking if we should pick up Brady if he gets cut.

Are you serious?  Gilly was a healthy scratch most of last season for the Patsies.  He wasn’t even active for the SB.  And they drafted Sony Michel.  I think there is a decent chance he gets released.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Are you serious?  Gilly was a healthy scratch most of last season for the Patsies.  He wasn’t even active for the SB.  And they drafted Sony Michel.  I think there is a decent chance he gets released.

It was an inside joke, read shoutbox if you want to know i would nt waste my time if i were you.

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

And so automatically Fit this offense how??  He was a healthy scratch a ton.  Then they went and drafted a new back.  So now Gilly fits the same offense here? because why?

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What dumbass thought up this thread.  Gilisslee is a lock for the PAts.  Why not start a thread asking if we should pick up Brady if he gets cut.

I don't think he's a lock at all.  He's 3rd on their depth chart and one ahead of Sony Michel.  That's not going to last much longer.

I actually think he could be cut.  He's coming off of a disappointing year in which he was a healthy scratch 7 times.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/patriots-mike-gillislee-continues-slide/

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

It was an inside joke, read shoutbox if you want to know i would nt waste my time if i were you.

Disregard my reply then LOL.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oops, sorry...

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And so automatically Fit this offense how??  He was a healthy scratch a ton.  Then they went and drafted a new back.  So now Gilly fits the same offense here? because why?

I never said I wanted him here.  I’m happy with our RB’s.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

You missed the H back part. We have TEs who can fit that role.

Sure maybe. And it’s possible they don’t need DiMarco as a traditional FB anymore in Daboll’s offense. Still can’t see what that has anything to do with Gillislee. DiMarco’s spot (if cut) would be better used keeping an extra TE or WR that’s already here.

still waiting for you to respond to MAJ about the fit question. If you think he’s a “fit” when he was benched all year in a similar system, then ????

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope.

If he doesn't fit what Pats are doing and get cuts how does he fit our Offense???

If Bill doesn't want our castoffs anymore what point is there to have him return. Shady, Murphy & Ivory will be just fine. I also see us drafting a rb in April. 

It’s interesting - a few months ago I would hve said it would be a no-brainer.  Now?  I’m not so sure.  I might consider it but I think that Marcus Murphy is going to do a lot of good things and it seems like the team wants Ivory to be a solid #2.  I guess you could consider the spot that Taiwan Jones or Tavares Cadet, but will he get enough carries to justify the signing?  

19 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Thanks!  Steve would have loved the humble plug on his behalf.  Somewhere he smiles upon your post, an angel gets their wings every time Steve is mentioned.

With blue cheese, of course.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

It’s interesting - a few months ago I would hve said it would be a no-brainer.  Now?  I’m not so sure.  I might consider it but I think that Marcus Murphy is going to do a lot of good things and it seems like the team wants Ivory to be a solid #2.  I guess you could consider the spot that Taiwan Jones or Tavares Cadet, but will he get enough carries to justify the signing?  

I just looked up his stats, if I am reading this correctly, Marcus had 42 touches as a rookie and fumbled 3 times, wowzer.