Preseason Game 2: vs. Browns 8/17

1 minute ago, Yeezus said:

It could be a huge mistake putting Allen with the 2's today

If he doesn't play well or has a few terrible throws, the national media will be after him and I don't want another Bills QB's confidence killed. 

Just let the kid play with the 3's again and learn

If a bad preseason outing hurts a QB's confidence, then that QB has no business being in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 7

Bills at Browns, 5 Things to Watch

The Buffalo Bills have never been the featured team on the HBO show Hard Knocks, but they’re going to get plenty of air time in the third episode of this season which will debut early next week.

The cable giant is spending the summer in Berea, Ohio, as the Cleveland Browns, one of the worst teams in league history the past two years, try to change their story with the help of former Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2018 draft.

The quest to emerge from the horror of a combined 1-31 record the past two seasons, including an 0-16 mark in 2017, continues Friday night at FirstEnergy Stadium, and with Buffalo serving as the opponent, Sean McDermott’s team will be front and center, not only on the wildly popular show, but also live on national TV via NFL Network.

Given the access HBO is granted, it will be interesting to listen to the Browns players and coaches who will be wearing mics during the game. In particular, what might we hear from Taylor, who is expected to start and play into the second quarter? Also, what might the Browns say about their former teammate, wide receiver Corey Coleman, who was traded from Cleveland to Buffalo less than two weeks ago?

As preseason games go, this one certainly carries some intrigue, and not only the Taylor and Coleman connections, but also that Mayfield and Buffalo’s Josh Allen, the No. 7 overall pick, will be competing on the same field as they try to win starting jobs.

If that isn’t enough to grab your attention, here are five other things I’ll be looking for in this game which, in addition to NFL Network, will be shown on WROC-TV Channel  8 in Rochester.

1. When, and how much will Josh Allen play?

2. Is Nick O’Leary playing himself off the team?

3. What’s up with Zay Jones?

4. Will Adolphus Washington step up?

5. When will the low draft picks shine?
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, Yeezus said:

If he doesn't play well or has a few terrible throws, the national media will be after him and I don't want another Bills QB's confidence killed. 

Or he plays well and the national media tempers all the expectation because he is inaccurate.

2 hours ago, Yeezus said:

You're right that it would be a huge mistake putting Allen with the 2's today START HIM!!!

Realistically, why do you think he's been practicing with the 2s?  Most likely he comes in 2nd, but I want him to start even though all evidence says he'll be 2nd man in.