I think real Bills fans do not care who wins QB battle

KingRex

1 minute ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

"If I want your opinion I'll give it to you!" :)

Still though, pre-season is the only measuring stick we have. So whoevers play is the best, start them. That's my opinion :).

I definitely get this point.  I just worry about what the fans and media does to young qbs if they struggle.  We can argue if JP or EJ would have ever been good enough.  But I know what didn’t help them.  Pulling the plug on them after 4 games.

I wasn’t thrilled with the Allen pick.  But once they start him, they better be prepared to leave him in for the long haul even if he has one of his Oregon games.  It’s embarrassing how quickly people want to say a young qb sucks.  It’s the hardest position to learn in sports and people want guys to master it their first year. 

7 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

"If I want your opinion I'll give it to you!" :)

Still though, pre-season is the only measuring stick we have. So whoevers play is the best, start them. That's my opinion :).

It's actually not the only measuring stick we have, it's just the next one in the progression of things.  The Bills coaches and FO have all the measuring sticks and that's why we need to have some faith in their ability to get it right.  

My main point is this is not a team with 3 QB's battling it out.  Unless you resign yourself to just caring about the immediate.  This is about one QB, Allen.  If it's best for Allen for one of the other two QB's to start then that's what will happen.  It's not because they're better. and won the job.  

16 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I had no idea the QB position was by far the most important position on a modern NFL football team or that the Bills have substantial interest in the QB position after trading extra value to be in a position to draft a QB. Who knew!? I really need to pay more attention to this stuff. Thanks for educating me on what a REAL Bills fan is. Imagine my dismay to learn all these years I had it all wrong and YOU being the all knowing individual that you are, have known what a REAL Bills fan is all along and are now kind enough to fill us all in. Thank you for sharing this information. I strive to become a REAL Bills fan one day like you. In the meantime, I'll just hope and pray that I can find a spare week to finish reading your very lengthy explanation of why I shouldn't care. To use the words of a former NFL wide receiver....Child Please! (I'm sure some on here will know what the underlying meaning of that phrase is)

?

If somebody does care who wins, I wouldn't insinuate they're not a real fan. All Bills fans are real fans because how could they not be? Being a Bills fan typically sucks. I'm 34, I've been following since Wide Right, and it really has not been a lot of fun. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I have to say that was one long @$$ post. Didn't read it. Someone has to learn how to get to the point

Image result for aint nobody got time for that gif

Here's are the points of the post:

1. OP is bored
  2. OP attempts to troll board
  3. OP failed.
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am a "real Bills fan" and I absolutely want Allen to win, he by far has the highest ceiling of all three and it isn't even close.  AJM and Peterman can never do physically want Allen can.  .Does it have to be this season, no but eventually. 

Pretty much this. 

I really like all 3 guys, I do, and in a way it sucks it can be only one that plays. But that's football and well say AJ doesn't see the field, 5M a year doesn't hurt the rest of his life...

Unless AJ or Nate really outclass Allen, or Allen shows he's not ready,. I would have rather Josh start much sooner than later. Nothing beats real experience and he has so much potential that it's more for him to lose the spot than to win it. AJ & Nate are not established veterans either!

Yet I agree with the premise of this thread and will go along with  the coaches.

The word "ceiling" is one of the most overused and meaningless words in sports. I'm pretty everyone, including their mothers, would have agreed that JaMarcus Russell had a higher ceiling than Tom Brady and Joe Montana if they were all in the same draft together. I care far more about a player's average, and to some extent their floor. Jay Cutler made $120 million dollars based on his ceiling, and I don't have any need for that.

1 minute ago, sodbuster said:

You made way too many grammatical errors to get away with so much condescension.

What you think REAL BILLS FANS have time to worry about spelling and grammar? Only filthy casuals have time for that BS.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m a bigger and more real Bills fan than you!!! How did we get to this point in society?  It’s ok to not see things exactly the same and still want the same thing in life.  

Personally, I think Allen should start on the bench.  The preseason is fool’s gold.  If Allen starts right away, imo, he is going to be set up to fail.  He is facing vanilla coverages against guys who won’t be playing or even be in the league.  You would set the bar too high and expectations would be rational.  See how the other guys do and then start him when those guys show they aren’t good enough.

The bar for Qbs taken in the top 10 has been set for years---they start as rookies--usually week 1, mostly by 4-5.

Nobody picks a QB that high to sit behind 2 backup QBs with close to zero NFL starts combined.  That's not the history of this league.