I think real Bills fans do not care who wins QB battle

KingRex

All we can ask for as Bills fans is that the coaches make the right decisions and I have full trust in this staff and FO.  Best scenario for the Bills is that AJM or NP wins the starting job and then plays well this season so they have a valuable trade chip when Allens time comes.  And during that time Allen continues to groom and learn the game to increase is odds for success.  I also fully expect an offensive heavy off season next year in FA and Draft to put more talent around Allen.  

Odds are IMO that AJM will be named the week 1 starter, and NP will either be sent to PS, traded or possibly kept as the backup in case AJM falters while they are grooming Allen.  I just think he has a more arm talent than NP and a better chance to become a consistent starter in the NFL.  But at the end of the day, if NP proves to be the better guy then great, we will all root for and cheer for whoever that starter is to both keep Allen learning as long as possible but also build their own value to maybe trade when we hand the keys to Allen.

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I definitely get this point.  I just worry about what the fans and media does to young qbs if they struggle.  We can argue if JP or EJ would have ever been good enough.  But I know what didn’t help them.  Pulling the plug on them after 4 games.

I wasn’t thrilled with the Allen pick.  But once they start him, they better be prepared to leave him in for the long haul even if he has one of his Oregon games.  It’s embarrassing how quickly people want to say a young qb sucks.  It’s the hardest position to learn in sports and people want guys to master it their first year. 

I would agree with this but I would say that for whomever wins the competition, be it Allen / McCarron / Peterman. QB's will have ups and downs, stick with it for a year unless its 8 games 32 picks or something atrocious like that. 

6 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

So, a random message board post gets to lay out the criteria for what a real Bills fan is. Awesome! 2018 folks.

Meh.  He's expressing an opinion.

You don't have to agree with it.

That's what this forum is about.

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m a bigger and more real Bills fan than you!!! How did we get to this point in society?  It’s ok to not see things exactly the same and still want the same thing in life.  

Personally, I think Allen should start on the bench.  The preseason is fool’s gold.  If Allen starts right away, imo, he is going to be set up to fail.  He is facing vanilla coverages against guys who won’t be playing or even be in the league.  You would set the bar too high and expectations would be rational.  See how the other guys do and then start him when those guys show they aren’t good enough.

If this was like Pittsburgh when Roethlisberger was rookie with a championship level defense and strong running game. You could stick a rookie in there and ask him not to screw things up. However, there are too many questions with this offense and this being the 1st year for everyone in Daboll's system leaves a lot of unknowns. Don't want to overload the rookie with having to think too much not just on his job but the job of his teammates around him. The ideal scenario would be to redshirt Allen this year and get him ready to start next year.