Patriots Pre-Season Broadcast

Punt75

9 hours ago, Success said:

Boston fans are at an entirely different level of arrogance.

I don’t envy them at all.  It’s not worth winning that much to become like that.

Don't worry. The world is well aware of Boston and their embarrassing level of entitlement. That's what's going to make it so ridiculously sweet when the B's retire and Chowdville sucks for over a decade. 

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Once you mature you’ll realize there is good and bad people any place you go. Shouldn’t be long now.

Cut out an entire state out because you didn’t like some folks you interacted with while you were a teenager. Silly fella.

Yes because condescension is so much more mature than disliking a region.

How's the weather on that moral pedestal?

17 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Yes because condescension is so much more mature than disliking a region.

How's the weather on that moral pedestal?

he hasn't gone anywhere and assumes everyone is the same, and that every dog in Russia and India is the same as his own pet

regions really do produce interesting pockets of suckiness that smart people make sure to never visit ever again....

10 hours ago, Punt75 said:

Watching the Patriots beat the Eagles in a pre-season tonight game got me upset.  It was a New England broadcast team and they were the most arrogant, self-centered and Patriots can do no wrong announcers ever!  I would be embarrassed if the Bills media was like them.  Constant snide remarks about the opposition.  How wonderful the Pats were with Bill B running the show.  Clips from team golf outings as they 'bonded'.

The Boston area is full of people that feel superior to others.  It was so well reflected in the game coverage.   

I don't think the Jets or Dolphins can punch them in the nose during the season.  I so hope the Bills can!!

That was really embarrassing. I couldnt listen to those idiots. I really hope we destroy NE this year.

10 hours ago, Punt75 said:

Watching the Patriots beat the Eagles in a pre-season tonight game got me upset.  It was a New England broadcast team and they were the most arrogant, self-centered and Patriots can do no wrong announcers ever!  I would be embarrassed if the Bills media was like them.  Constant snide remarks about the opposition.  How wonderful the Pats were with Bill B running the show.  Clips from team golf outings as they 'bonded'.

I was gonna post about this last night.  They were SO annoying. I can't wait until this dynasty ends and these arrogant fans supporters are forced to deal with mediocre football again. They are so freakin spoiled, they will not be able to handle adversity when it comes...

Funny part about a thread like this is, if you were to talk with non Bills fans (and will say non NE fans too)  living in Western NY, they will tell you this is exactly how Bills fans are too!  Everyone thinks the fans of other teams are smug and arrogant and the more the team wins, the worse they are.

One play when McLeod hit James White as he tucked in his head to hit him, he came to his defense and asked what else he was supposed to do which I respected 

The next series when Malcolm Jenkins was called for a BS unnecessary roughness call they were in unison that it was "way late" and he leaned with his head. Nope. Dude ran a post and Jenkins was speeding up to him and whacked him with his arms first on one of those "bang bang (God I hate That phrase)" plays. Urgh. 

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

4 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

If he meant fans, I'll say people.

I have been there dozens of times as a teen/early 20's. My experience is the people there truly do suck.

And that accent... horrendous. As Joe Rogan says (he's from Boston) "it's not an accent, the Boston area is a large group of people who say most words wrong".

Yes, you are right in a sense- it's the Pats, Bruins, Sox, Celtics, etc... But it's also everything else. If I had it my way, I would take a big-ass saw, cut the state at the border and kick it into the ocean.

Take it easy, dude; there's good and bad people everywhere (although I'll always maintain that WNYers are particularly friendly :) ). But before you buzz-saw off Mass, be aware that it has a lot of good things going for it -- super high employment/work opportunity, great public education systems and world-class universities, universal statewide health care,  great public transportation, etc. Plus thousands of smart, selfless people working insane hours on really important stuff for all of us -- like medical research -- when they could be making a lot more money in finance or whatever. So ... sorry you didn't enjoy visiting Mass in your teens, but I'll bet you'll appreciate it as you get older -- and wiser. (That all said, I still can't stand these New England SOBs two weekends every fall, plus assorted Sabres-Bruins games -- not to mention that BS series-ending foul call on Bob McAdoo in the 1974 Braves-Celtics playoffs series ...  :D )

Edited by Stranded in Boston

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Buffalo needs all the help it can get, especially during most of Van's years....

Van was 100% class as well, something that recent generations of announcers will never understand

it's a shock to go from the practically neutral FOX/CBS/NBC/ABC announcing on TV to hear a radio game by locals, if you hate that team you won't believe the call on every single play

What do you actually expect from a local broadcast? National broadcasts are meant to be neutral as to avoid bias and alienation. Local telecasts are strictly for the Homers.