Patriots Pre-Season Broadcast

Punt75

Watching the Patriots beat the Eagles in a pre-season tonight game got me upset.  It was a New England broadcast team and they were the most arrogant, self-centered and Patriots can do no wrong announcers ever!  I would be embarrassed if the Bills media was like them.  Constant snide remarks about the opposition.  How wonderful the Pats were with Bill B running the show.  Clips from team golf outings as they 'bonded'.

The Boston area is full of people that feel superior to others.  It was so well reflected in the game coverage.   

I don't think the Jets or Dolphins can punch them in the nose during the season.  I so hope the Bills can!!

• Like (+1) 1

The radio play by play for the Pats is over the top on every down.

we are spared blatant homeless with national crews doing regular season games on TV, with a barely surface knowledge of the teams they are covering each week

Edited by row_33

5 hours ago, Success said:

Boston fans are at an entirely different level of arrogance.

I don’t envy them at all.  It’s not worth winning that much to become like that.

Mass holes have been around since long before the Sox or Pats were winning.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Punt75 said:

The Boston area is full of people that feel superior to others.  It was so well reflected in the game coverage.   

Hi Punt, I don't post here often, but thought I'd add my two cents to your comment ...  I moved from Buffalo to Boston 33 years ago. No doubt New England sports fans can be smug homers -- which is especially annoying given how many of them are band-wagon transplants to the area! But in the end, spectator sports are just entertainment, and the give-and-take between fan bases is all in good fun. For example, I always enjoy sparring with my students here before Bills-Pats games (and then usually lying low for a few days after!). However,  it's a bit over the top to claim that "the Boston area is full of people that [sic] feel superior to others". There are lots of good folks here, just like back home in dear old WNY. I'll assume that was a typo, and you meant "sports fans" when you wrote "people". Have a good day -- and let's go Bills! 

Edited by Stranded in Boston
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Stranded in Boston said:

Hi Punt, I don't post here often, but thought I'd add my two cents to your comment ...  I moved from Buffalo to Boston 33 years ago. No doubt New England sports fans can be smug homers -- which is especially annoying given how many of them are band-wagon transplants to the area! But in the end, spectator sports are just entertainment, and the give-and-take between fan bases is all in good fun. For example, I always enjoy sparring with my students here before Bills-Pats games (and then usually lying low for a few days after!). However,  it's a bit over the top to claim that "the Boston area is full of people that [sic] feel superior to others". There are lots of good folks here, just like back home in dear old WNY. I'll assume that was a typo, and you meant "sports fans" when you wrote "people". Have a good day -- and let's go Bills! 

I worked in Boston and the surrounding areas for a little while. It was the worst experience of my life. A large majority of the people I encountered were not good people to say the least. I refuse to set foot in that pos state ever again. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

In the past Zolak get me worked up. Then I listened to him for awhile on the radio, he isn’t that bad. He is pretty self aware and makes fun of a lot of things NE in a subtle way. Zolak is the jock who lived the dream and never has to “grow up” He wears sun glasses on a talk radio show, is he high all day? I don’t know, maybe.

Supposedly he is a hoot when he makes his charity appearances. I take him as the frat boy who never grew up and if given the chance I would probably have done the same. Now he gets to be a football dad while still being involved in the organization he once “played” for. 

The other guy Bob Socci sounds and acts like a little flake. I didn’t watch much of the game last night but I did hear him screeching for a helmet to helmet penalty on a play where two eagles collided and didn’t even touch the Patriot player. 

Zolak has the feel of the “shock jock” generation.  As we enter the days of male cheerleaders and men walking around wearing tighter jeans than their wives his style reminds me of better days. When men were men...or something. 

14 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

In the past Zolak get me worked up. Then I listened to him for awhile on the radio, he isn’t that bad. He is pretty self aware and makes fun of a lot of things NE in a subtle way. Zolak is the jock who lived the dream and never has to “grow up” He wears sun glasses on a talk radio show, is he high all day? I don’t know, maybe.

Supposedly he is a hoot when he makes his charity appearances. I take him as the frat boy who never grew up and if given the chance I would probably have done the same. Now he gets to be a football dad while still being involved in the organization he once “played” for. 

The other guy Bob Socci sounds and acts like a little flake. I didn’t watch much of the game last night but I did hear him screeching for a helmet to helmet penalty on a play where two eagles collided and didn’t even touch the Patriot player. 

Zolak has the feel of the “shock jock” generation.  As we enter the days of male cheerleaders and men walking around wearing tighter jeans than their wives his style reminds me of better days. When men were men...or something. 

Cue Archie and Edith at the piano singing "Those were the days."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stranded in Boston said:

I live in NH and I like these damn yankees...except when the Bills play the Pats. Deep down they aren't that different from WNYers.

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I worked in Boston and the surrounding areas for a little while. It was the worst experience of my life. A large majority of the people I encountered were not good people to say the least. I refuse to set foot in that pos state ever again. 

For some reason i got a good chuckle out of that..tel us how you really feel about Mass.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

we are spared blatant homeless with national crews doing regular season games on TV, with a barely surface knowledge of the teams they are covering each week

An interesting point.  I recall 'Van, Stan, and Fan' could be greatly biased towards the Bills.  This, however, is ancient history.  I actually think Murphy is more balanced in his game calling than Miller.

I had to laugh because this morning on NBC Boston local news they were talking about "redemption" for last night's game.

Yeah, OK - you lost the Super Bowl but it sure must have been sweet, sweet redemption to win a meaningless preseason game last night...at home with almost nobody there - time for another duck boat parade!

2 hours ago, Stranded in Boston said:

If he meant fans, I'll say people.

I have been there dozens of times as a teen/early 20's. My experience is the people there truly do suck.

And that accent... horrendous. As Joe Rogan says (he's from Boston) "it's not an accent, the Boston area is a large group of people who say most words wrong".

Yes, you are right in a sense- it's the Pats, Bruins, Sox, Celtics, etc... But it's also everything else. If I had it my way, I would take a big-ass saw, cut the state at the border and kick it into the ocean.

3 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

If he meant fans, I'll say people.

I have been there dozens of times as a teen/early 20's. My experience is the people there truly do suck.

And that accent... horrendous. As Joe Rogan says (he's from Boston) "it's not an accent, the Boston area is a large group of people who say most words wrong".

Yes, you are right in a sense- it's the Pats, Bruins, Sox, Celtics, etc... But it's also everything else. If I had it my way, I would take a big-ass saw, cut the state at the border and kick it into the ocean.

Once you mature you’ll realize there is good and bad people any place you go. Shouldn’t be long now.

Cut out an entire state out because you didn’t like some folks you interacted with while you were a teenager. Silly fella.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

An interesting point.  I recall 'Van, Stan, and Fan' could be greatly biased towards the Bills.  This, however, is ancient history.  I actually think Murphy is more balanced in his game calling than Miller.

Buffalo needs all the help it can get, especially during most of Van's years....

Van was 100% class as well, something that recent generations of announcers will never understand

it's a shock to go from the practically neutral FOX/CBS/NBC/ABC announcing on TV to hear a radio game by locals, if you hate that team you won't believe the call on every single play

2 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

If you REALLY wanna good slice of what their broadcast team is all about, listen to their commentary of the Zay Jones/Rob Gronkowski felony assault incident...

....at least we have the fair and balanced, MA native Mike Rodak...........

• Haha (+1) 1