Preseason TNF: Jets/skins, Pitt/GB, Eagles/Pats

YoloinOhio

Oooh! Oooh! They're gonna talk abut the Bills next! Any guesses on what they'll say?

No playmakers in Front 7??

Allen sucks.

All Shady.
D depends on Edmunds. (No mention of secondary?)

Surprised we moved on from TT

Tyrod happy in Cleveland

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Whitten just showed he knows nothing about the Bills.  He said he was surprised that the Bills traded Tyrod Taylor.  I think the only people around here that were surprised that the Bills traded Taylor were surprised by the fact he was tradable, not that the Bills jettisoned him. 

Jason Whitten is a raw rookie announcer who needs to watch without a microphone when the preseason ends & learn from the veterans. ? 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Oooh! Oooh! They're gonna talk abut the Bills next! Any guesses on what they'll say?

No playmakers in Front 7??

Allen sucks.

All Shady.
D depends on Edmunds. (No mention of secondary?)

Surprised we moved on from TT

Tyrod happy in Cleveland

Maybe someday we can actually prove the media wrong

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Whitten just showed he knows nothing about the Bills.  He said he was surprised that the Bills traded Tyrod Taylor.  I think the only people around here that were surprised that the Bills traded Taylor were surprised by the fact he was tradable, not that the Bills jettisoned him. 

Exactly! Our problem on offense last year was our passing game, and it was because of QB play. Our QB lineup this season is looking pretty good, and they are getting better...Hopefully.

7 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Jason Whitten is a raw rookie announcer who needs to watch without a microphone when the preseason ends & learn from the veterans. ? 

yea, he should ask Romo.  Romo really diagnosed TT well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol.

You guys are ridiculous.

Its preseason. It means nothing 

Why play these games if they mean nothing? Why risk the injuries? They don't mean nearly what the real season does, but it does have real meaning as the teams decide what to do.

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Maybe someday we can actually prove the media wrong

By maybe making the playoffs? Which the Bills did seven months ago, proving them all wrong.

11 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

You should have heard what the two clowns on cbus radio said today on their Bills preview (they are doing two teams/day). They talk about the team, food and city. I’ll start by saying one of them didn’t know wings were invented in Buffalo. In fact he never associated wings with buffalo. One of them says he heard there is something called beef on weck and that it’s just a “French dip” You can guess where it went from there. There was football analysis of some kind but they were incredulous they traded Tyrod, because if they kept him they were a playoff team again but since they didn’t they will be 4-12... they still think Shady might not play, and parroted Ramsey’s assessment  of Allen with zero research. It was comical how little they actually knew. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

The national media knows less about the Bills then 90% of the people on this board. I never understand why so many people get upset over it. Who cares what they say or think about anything Bills related? When they have John Clayton on WGR, it’s pathetic. The guy doesn’t even act like he cares about the Bills, even if just to keep up appearances. ESPN as a whole barely comprehends anything outside of the basic generalizations. The guys that actually cover the team every day, hold the opinions with value. It’s nice to see activity on a TV screen that centers around the Bills, but nobody on these shows pays any attention to us. Don’t worry about what they think.

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Someday, like last year?

Ok, so we’ve arrived?

Who’s been right more often about the Bills over the last 20 years, you or the national media?

I'm hopeful that we’ve turned a corner, but there is a reason that we’re a National afterthought.  When we start to consistently win the attention will come.  It’s not personal as fans like you make it.

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Really hard to follow a thread with 3 different games going on.  This is going to be a huge mess

One of the cool things about TSW is you are not required to read every thread.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Darnold made too many passes like that at USC. He panicked.

No he didn't.

Watched a bit of the Jets game.  Darnold was "poised" but mediocre.  For the second straight game nothing but short stuff, and a bad decision on 4th down (but it was 4th down so hard to blame him for forcing it).

I thought Bridgewater looked good; threw a pretty TD pass.  He's going to be trade bait sooner rather than later.  Colt McCoy actually looked serviceable for the Skins; the INT he threw wasn't his fault as it hit his receiver directly in the hands.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've gotten at least 5 or 6 texts from friends who know I am a big Bills fan telling me how much of a mistake they made for trading TT all based on 2 episodes of "Hard Knocks".